What's new

Recognizing IPhone 6 Plus

Hi KevinJS I made sure downloads and keep originals are checked but did not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi KevinJS yes

I suggest turning it off and rebooting the phone. With your photos downloaded, the phone should rebuild the DCIM folder and become visible in Explorer.

Hi KevinJS thank you all your help on this. Did everything you told me to do but still will not work. I have tried doing a Google on it to but no luck with it.

Google should send you here. This is where we find the answers. I'll have a think on it. There's a solution somewhere.

Hi KevinJS thank you very much

There should be a program on your PC called windows photo viewer or something similar. have a look in the file menu for import from scanner or camera. See if your phone shows up there.

Use a direct USB connection, not a hub.

Trying to figure whether the problem is with the computer or the phone.

Hi KevinJS I am using Adobe photoshop Express app from the Microsoft store. But do not see my iPhone when I click on pictures Library or camera. I can not find on my Computer the photo viewer sorry

OK. Let's try the heavy artillery.

I don't like suggesting this because you never found the cause of the problem but I don't think we have much choice.

Settings/General/Reset All Settings

If this doesn't work, the issue is with the computer.

Hi KevinJS have tried to do a reset all in the iPhone settings with no luck. do you think I should to go on to the Microsoft forum and see if someone there will be able to tell me why my computer will not recognize auto detect my iPhone 6 Plus in file Explorer. But it will detect recognize in my iTunes? Thank you for all your help on this I really appreciate it.

No problem.

Yes, a Windows forum might be a good idea. My trouble is I'm out of date on Windows. I run Vista on my only PC. The rest of my system is Apple.

If you figure it out could you please let us know? It's always handy to add to the knowledge base.

Sorry I couldn't help with this one.

It recognizes the IPhone in ITunes on his computer. The problem is not the iPhone or iTunes, it is that he hetrying to not use Apple's method of connecting computer and iPhone. The problem is probably that he does not recognize or have access to where Windows File Manager stores this. I don't know why he wants to not just use iTunes as long as it sees his iPhone but that is his choice.

And I am guessing that first he needs to transfer his photos from his iPhone to his pc. For years I have done this by plugging the iPhone into my pc, clicking on My Computer, then clicking the iPhone icon, right clicking, and then clicking import photos. After this, my photos are on my pc and I can move them into whatever program I choose.

And I am guessing that first he needs to transfer his photos from his iPhone to his pc. For years I have done this by plugging the iPhone into my pc, clicking on My Computer, then clicking the iPhone icon, right clicking, and then clicking import photos. After this, my photos are on my pc and I can move them into whatever program I choose.
Not as simple as on a Mac, but it gets the job done.