What's new

Recognizing IPhone 6 Plus

tim56

Reaction score
H I have a Hp Desktop computer with windows 10 home 64 bit it's not a upgrade windows 10 home 64 bit came with the computer when I bought it. For the last two weeks when when I plug my iPhone into my computer and open up iTunes iTunes will recognize it. When I going to file explorer it's not listed there. all my USB ports are working. I went to the Apple store and bought a brand-new cord but same thing happens. What could be causing this and how to fix it? Thank you for any help on this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H I have a Hp Desktop computer with windows 10 home 64 bit it's not a upgrade windows 10 home 64 bit came with the computer when I bought it. For the last two weeks when when I plug my iPhone into my computer and open up iTunes iTunes will recognize it. When I going to file explorer it's not listed there. all my USB ports are working. I went to the Apple store and bought a brand-new cord but same thing happens. What could be causing this and how to fix it? Thank you for any help on this .

That would be an issue with iTunes. Not the phone, cord or the PC

Check your version of iTunes. In order to be able to use a phone running iOS 10 you need iTunes 12.5.1

Hi KevinJS my iTunes version is 12.5.1 and I have try to uninstall and reinstall ITunes that does not fix it. Thank you

Last edited:
So it's working properly in iTunes, but not in Explorer?

Just want to make sure I understand the exact problem here.

By the way, are you using iCloud Photo Library?

Hi KevinJS it works great in iTunes but not in file explorer. sorry I do not no if iI am using iCloud photo library or not how would I find that out? Thank you

Are your photographs visible on the phone in your Camera Roll? I've heard of iCloud Photo Library turning itself on and the Camera Roll disappearing as a result.

If that has happened it may be that Windows can't see the phone as a camera because the DCIM folder is missing.

You can check iCloud options in Settings/Photos and Camera. All 3 should be off, unless you have turned them on for some reason.

Hi KevinJS
This is what I have checked
f85921a2166d244fb09cab9d4124e07a.jpg

I think that's your answer. Using iCloud Photo Library is affecting Windows' ability to see the phone as a camera. That means there's nothing wrong with your phone or computer. The behaviour is just different to how it would be if your photos were stored on your phone.

Hi KevinJS thank you turn off all 3 or all 4 ?

I'm not sure. I don't know whether turning off iCloud Photo Library will force the photos to migrate back to Camera Roll or whether you will lose them. I'll check it using my 4s and get back to you.

Hi KevinJS thank you very much I appreciate that

OK. Have a look on your phone in Settings/Photos and Camera/iCloud Photo Library and make sure Download and keep originals is checked. If not, check it and wait for the photos to download. Your PC will probably be able to see the phone in Explorer at this point. Now you can turn off iCloud Photo Library without losing anything.

You may want to keep it active since it is running on your PC too. The point of this feature is to make your data easily portable.