What's new

Recipe management

Reaction score
There seems to be a lack of decent recipe managers out there that allow you to manage your own recipe collection instead of trawling through other peoples recipes. I currently have hundreds of my own recipes that I have imported from my own hand written cookbooks to evernote. I literally spend months going through this process of typing everything out.

I looked at paprika recipe manager, and it seems to do what I need but I really don't relish (pun intended) typing everything out on my iPhone. They do offer a windows/mac version where I can copy/paste everything from evernote but I am loathed to pay for an iPhone app AND a desktop version just to copy my recipes across.

Has anyone found anything I could use to import >400 recipes and use them on my iphone to manage them?

I own Paprika for iOS and OS X. I was hesitant at first but have come to realize that this app is well worth the money.

I'm not entirely convinced about spending $20 to import my recipes and a further $5 to view them. I like the interface of the desktop version, but I can't use the desktop version in the kitchen and there is no free/evaluation for iOS

Perhaps you can find a free spreadsheet app or notes app that offers clients for iOS and OS X and will store your recipes. I was actually using the default Notes app prior to purchasing Paprika.

Have you tried doing this in the Wunderlist app?

Also, check out the database apps, there are some that allow you to add your own fields and records.. this might allow you to create a custom cooking recipe setup.