What's new

Receiving a iphone 6 Plus

rphillipchuk

Reaction score
Hi
Can someone advise me the first thing to do when I receive my iphone 6 Plus..... Is it possible to put it back to original state ?

Thanks
Ron

Yes it is, you can restore it as new and it will be a clean updated iOS phone

Is this a part of the Operating System ? Can you tell me where it is ? Sorry, this is my first iphone !!!

Ron

Look for the Settings icon on your iPhone. Click on it. Scroll to General, click on that. Scroll down to to bottom where you will see Reset. Click on that. Then click which type of Reset you want.

To reset your IPhone 6s Plus simultaneously push the button at bottom of your Iphone and button on top right EDITED - no email address

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone doing a settings reset (if you're selling the phone to someone) Make sure the iCloud account has been removed prior to the reset. Mainly the Find My iPhone has been turned off.

With iOS 10 if this isn't done, you'll end up with a newly reset iPhone that won't activate since it's still linked to the previous owners iCloud account. I just experienced this issue with my friend that purchased a used iPad Mini 4 and it wasn't removed when sold .. months later he tried the setting reset and it won't activate. Crappy.

If Find my iPhone is not turned off when you attempt a factory restore through iTunes, you'll get a pop up telling you to turn off Find my iPhone and the restore won't proceed. You'll then have to go into iCloud In settings and turn it off before you can restore the iPhone to factory condition.