What's new

Random water droplet noise

It can't be from Skype... because I do not even have a skype account, nor has it ever been downloaded on my phone... New theory... :(

I have disabled ALL notifications, sound, badges, alerts. I have deleted most of my apps because i'm sick of this phone randomly freaking me out. It happened twice today. 11:22 AM and 10:18 PM. It happens at random times of the day because the day before it happened 10:13 AM and 6:36 PM. :( :( I'm ready to restore my phone back to default... or apple needs to send out a new update that corrects this possessed problem!

I have disabled ALL notifications, sound, badges, alerts. I have deleted most of my apps because i'm sick of this phone randomly freaking me out. It happened twice today. 11:22 AM and 10:18 PM. It happens at random times of the day because the day before it happened 10:13 AM and 6:36 PM. :( :( I'm ready to restore my phone back to default... or apple needs to send out a new update that corrects this possessed problem!

Did you call apple about this?

Still happening

I don't use skype!

Updated to iOS5.1 yesterday and thought it fixed issue.......then it happened. But instead of happening 5-10 times per day it has only happened oncein 36 hours.

PS there was an app from 2009 that i found (from its reviews) Bwwt Drip that puts "calming random drops of water" on your phone. The reviews claimed it was really annoying. Is this being used as part of a virus? Just a thought

I reset my Skype notification and I realized no more droplet sound. Not sure whether this is the solution but it worth the try.

If it is not Skype then it has to do with certain apps with notification settings

Perhaps after resetting it will resolve the problem.

Still happening

I don't use skype!

Updated to iOS5.1 yesterday and thought it fixed issue.......then it happened. But instead of happening 5-10 times per day it has only happened oncein 36 hours.

PS there was an app from 2009 that i found (from its reviews) Bwwt Drip that puts "calming random drops of water" on your phone. The reviews claimed it was really annoying. Is this being used as part of a virus? Just a thought

In 2009 there were no apps on the market capable of running in background on a non-jailbroken device. So that can't be it.

Do you guys have the Life 360 app? It may have been narrowed to that app running your location in the background.

I too have a 4s and have heard the random water drip sound for a few weeks now.
I have askype installed, but have not used it... I.e. there are no contacts to alert me to.
I do have Life360 installed but the sound doesnt appear to be coming from that as the two family members I have on the app show a last checking status of multiple weeks back (must not be running in the background on their devices).
I would be happy to help test scenarios to resolve this maddening and random sound.

How about 'Words Free'? Anyone have this apps installed in your iPhone?

This app also make water sound.

Now I do have the app life 360.... And I was wondering if perhaps that was it. I didn't think that app was so popular. I do agree though.. I only have two family members in it and it shows their updates weeks ago... I sure do like this app and it's concept... I really don't want to delete it but I will!!

I'm emailing life 360 with this question. I will let you all know the response.

Don't tell me that there is water inside your phone... :D
Just kidding, the only point is to change the sound to ding, I hope that helps!

Not that easy Peterthomas.... you think all of us would be this annoyed if it was that easy?

Regardless, Here is the response from Life360, we found the culprit.

Charles K., May 04 01:30 pm (CDT):
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. This noise happens when an error message
populates in the application. We have passed your feedback onto the developers
to see if they would like to change the noise or remove it completely. Thank you
for using Life360.

Charles

Kari Potts, May 03 11:35 pm (CDT):
A few iPhone users including myself have been having a very strange water
droplet noise that is bugging us all crazy! None of us can figure out where it
is coming from. We have even went to apple support in hopes to figure it out. We
has narrowed it down to life 360 as our common factor. Is there any way you can
either explain the purpose of the random water droplet sound or possibly disable
it to avoid making quite a few iPhone users go insane? I appreciate your time
and do look forward to speaking with you soon regarding this issue!

Kari Potts

Wow, I'm so glad to have found this. I thought I was loosing my mind hearing that stupid water drop. I have Life 360 too... and it does seem like it started around the time I downloaded it. Hopefully you guys have figured it out!!