What's new

Random Camera Photo of the Day

I was walking home from the gym and this little guy landed right in front of me. I stopped and watched him peck the ground a bit. Then he looked up at me, took a few hops toward me and continued pecking the ground. He got as close as a couple feet, didn't appear to be afraid of me, and then flew to another spot a few feet away. Makes me wish I had some bird seed in my pocket to leave behind for him.

image.jpg

I was walking home from the gym and this little guy landed right in front of me. I stopped and watched him peck the ground a bit. Then he looked up at me, took a few hops toward me and continued pecking the ground. He got as close as a couple feet, didn't appear to be afraid of me, and then flew to another spot a few feet away. Makes me wish I had some bird seed in my pocket to leave behind for him.

View attachment 21274
What kind is he?
Robins are like that here, They don't seem to be afraid of anyone.

Last edited:
What kind is he?
Robins are like that here, They don't seem to be afraid of anyone.
I'm not sure, I'm not that knowledgeable about birds, but this type of bird (markings on feathers) is quite common here in Seattle.

Edit: I looked up some pics of birds of Seattle and this one looks like a Pine Siskin.

I'm not sure, I'm not that knowledgeable about birds, but this type of bird (markings on feathers) is quite common here in Seattle.

Edit: I looked up some pics of birds of Seattle and this one looks like a Pine Siskin.
It's really cute.