What's new

Random Camera Photo of the Day

Got a couple nice pics of a sweet jet today at work!!
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG
IMG_1668.JPG

Very nice.
The best jets I ever saw parked on the tarmac were three SR-71’s I saw at Hickam Field in Pearl Harbour in 1984. Unfortunately I was not in a position to take any pictures.
You don’t see too many black aircraft.

Amazingly cool!!

6 pm, the queue for the Hugo Awards Ceremonies. The ceremony starts at 7:30.
View attachment 35204
Nice. I was already wondering where Hall 1 should be.
After reading your posts about the convention having to restrict membership sales and after checking the convention website I get the impression that the convention centre in Helsinki is too small to for the number of people who wanted to attend. That's a lot of foregone membership revenue for the convention.

After reading your posts about the convention having to restrict membership sales and after checking the convention website I get the impression that the convention centre in Helsinki is too small to for the number of people who wanted to attend. That's a lot of foregone membership revenue for the convention.
Since I haven't been at a convention this size before, I don't know if the centre is too small. It looks like there are larger rooms and halls available, because some of the panels have been moved there, after one or two days of negotiating.
There were no complaints about too small rooms and missed panels because of that today.
It's amazing: I have never seen such a huge crowd of people, standing in line for the next panel, or the Hugo Awards Ceremony, without complaining. And I have never seen so many people waiting in line for one event.

At the moment, we're more than 6,000 members, from 60 countries, and if the numbers at the Hugo Awards Ceremony were right, about 2,000 of these people attending Worldcon for the first time.

Since I haven't been at a convention this size before, I don't know if the centre is too small. It looks like there are larger rooms and halls available, because some of the panels have been moved there, after one or two days of negotiating.
There were no complaints about too small rooms and missed panels because of that today.
It's amazing: I have never seen such a huge crowd of people, standing in line for the next panel, or the Hugo Awards Ceremony, without complaining. And I have never seen so many people waiting in line for one event.

At the moment, we're more than 6,000 members, from 60 countries, and if the numbers at the Hugo Awards Ceremony were right, about 2,000 of these people attending Worldcon for the first time.
Some years I’ve had to wait in line for up to 4 hours for the Hugo awards as the available space only held about a third of the total attending membership. As you said, there was no complaining, just a lot of fans having a good time while they waited.

The Masquerade tomorrow night will be just as popular with line ups just as long.

Some years I’ve had to wait in line for up to 4 hours for the Hugo awards as the available space only held about a third of the total attending membership. As you said, there was no complaining, just a lot of fans having a good time while they waited.
I had to wait for just about 45 minutes, fortunately. Queueing up wasn't allowed until 6 pm, btw. The hall is built for more than 4,000 people, and it wasn't full yesterday.
The Masquerade will take place at the same location.