What's new

Quick way to access location services like toggle

ryanstar87

Reaction score
Looking for an app or widget that will allow me to easily turn on and off the location services preferably without opening an extra app and going through the Apple settings menu

Looking for an app or widget that will allow me to easily turn on and off the location services preferably without opening an extra app and going through the Apple settings menu

What could be simpler than going to Privacy in Settings and turning Location Services off?

What could be simpler than going to Privacy in Settings and turning Location Services off?

I switch back and forth a lot and it is just an extra step my bad !! Lol

It’s probably trivial the battery savings I try to get by doing that.. you think ? He probably uses more battery to keep switching it back-and-forth

I switch back and forth a lot and it is just an extra step my bad !! Lol

It’s probably trivial the battery savings I try to get by doing that.. you think ? He probably uses more battery to keep switching it back-and-forth

You can minimise the Power used by only allowing essential Apps access to your location (such as Maps) and permitting access only whilst using.

Apple no longer allows widget apps (or any other apps) to access settings features in iOS 11 and up. This was a big blow to apps like Launcher. Is location services not one in the list of shortcuts in the control center?

Apple no longer allows widget apps (or any other apps) to access settings features in iOS 11 and up. This was a big blow to apps like Launcher. Is location services not one in the list of shortcuts in the control center?

IMG_0856.jpg
IMG_0857.jpg

It’s not listed under my options for the control center

You may be able to set up an accessibility shortcut and get to it from there, I don't know

Launcher still works on my iPhone. Perhaps you need need to have that previously enabled.

This is what Gregg, from Cromulent labs, said a while back. "Apple rejected an app update and told us they would remove Launcher from the App Store if we didn't remove the Settings app launchers. So starting with Launcher v2.2.7, we no longer list Settings app launchers in the app. Note that existing Settings launchers continue to work in iOS 10, but no longer work in iOS 11."
I think you can shortcut to the settings menu, but no farther. Apple also disabled shortcuts to specifics in the clock app and voice memos.

This is what Gregg, from Cromulent labs, said a while back. "Apple rejected an app update and told us they would remove Launcher from the App Store if we didn't remove the Settings app launchers. So starting with Launcher v2.2.7, we no longer list Settings app launchers in the app. Note that existing Settings launchers continue to work in iOS 10, but no longer work in iOS 11."
I think you can shortcut to the settings menu, but no farther. Apple also disabled shortcuts to specifics in the clock app and voice memos.

So what’s the name of This launcher??