What's new

Question..

EyePhone4

Reaction score
Morning. Well i have a question regarding firmware. Now that apple released the new 6.1.3, which i don't want. Can i still get 6.1.2? I am on 6.1.1 4S. Lately i've been having freeze and a couple of reboots on it's own so what i want to do is restore to a fresh IOS but not the new one. Any help is appreciated

Morning. Well i have a question regarding firmware. Now that apple released the new 6.1.3, which i don't want. Can i still get 6.1.2? I am on 6.1.1 4S. Lately i've been having freeze and a couple of reboots on it's own so what i want to do is restore to a fresh IOS but not the new one. Any help is appreciated

I'm afraid that the only iOS you can restore to is the current one, iOS 6.1.3. Once Apple stops signing an iOS version, you can no longer upgrade to it.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

On a 4S, no unfortunately, as there isn't an exploit like LimeRa1n to allow users to restore to an iOS of choice. Your only options on the 4S is to restore to iOS 6.1.3, even if you have blobs for iOS 6.1.2.

Am I alone in thinking maybe Apple should have a longer window before stopping signing the previous iOS !

I think most of us are in the "I wish Apple would let me load whatever iOS I want!" camp. It would be much simpler, yeah?

Marilyn

Am I alone in thinking maybe Apple should have a longer window before stopping signing the previous iOS !

It used to be that way. Up through iOS 5.1.1 we were seeing several days of overlap in the signing windows. Now... it's only hours or minutes after a new iOS version release.