What's new

Question about using iCloud

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
I talked to an Apple employee today at BestBuy said i wanted to put pictures on my iPhone from a windows computer, he told me to get icloud for windows from the Apple store and so i did this and he said it would sync my pictures into my phone from the cloud.
What i can't seem to find is where is the cloud with any pictures after it installed and i answered the questions, i can't find it to see if it has imported any of my pictures, i see it's being used but i don't see any of my new pictures being installed on my phone.
I have signed in to iCloud in settings on iPhone and on iPad and setup for my pictures to be stored.

Last edited:
iCloud doesn't automatically import pictures from your PC, you'll have to import them.

Upload your photos and videos to iCloud Photo Library
You can upload your photos and videos from your PC to iCloud Photo Library when you follow these steps:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. Under Favorites, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Click Upload photos and videos.
  4. Choose the photos and videos you want to upload and click Open.
You can also drag and drop photos and videos from your PC into the Uploads folder in iCloud Photos. You can view the photos and videos you uploaded in the Photos app on iCloud.com and on all your Apple devices.
(Apple support)

"Open a File Explorer window" i am using the windows file explorer but can't find this Favorites.

Okay, if that doesn't work, login to www.icloud.com on your PC (use a browser). You'll find a Photos app icon there. Open it, and then you should find an Upload option there. That will help uploading the images to iCloud, so you'll get them on the iPhone as well.

That was helpful i logged in and see that pictures are on iCloud so they are synced to icloud, so are they there till i want one downloaded to my phone again if the picture was deleted from phone?

I just took a picture with my phone and found it in my iCloud, so it is working.
What is the difference in my Favorites and all other pictures? How did these few pictures become Favorites?

If they are in iCloud on your computer, they should also appear on your iPhone. iCloud syncs them from there to your iDevice.

If you delete one of the images that are synced to your iPhone, it will disappear on both devices: on your iPhone, and in iCloud on your computer. The only way to get them back within 30 days, is the Recently Deleted folder.

I just took a picture with my phone and found it in my iCloud, so it is working.
What is the difference in my Favorites and all other pictures? How did these few pictures become Favorites?
You must have tapped the heart shaped button that's visible when you look at the images one by one. If you see the outline of the heart, it's not one of your favourites. If it's filled, you'll find it in the Favorites album, in addition to the Photos album.

So if i click in the heart of a picture in my favorites it is deleted right?

Ok i now understand if i just click on a photo in all pictures i can delete this picture, then i have 30 days till is fully deleted.

There is very little instructions for using iCloud i can understand why many refuse to even try using it.
Much better to just use Drop Box to store pictures then put them where you want, you don't have the Sync to Drop Box as in iCloud.
I now see the usefulness of icloud it takes some messing around with it to understand how it works.
Thank you for your help.

So if i click in the heart of a picture in my favorites it is deleted right?
If you click the heart of a picture, it is not deleted. It is in your Favorites album, as well as your Photos album.
If you click in the heart of an image in Favorites, it will be removed from there, but it'll still be in your Photos album.

You delete an image when you use the trash bin icon.

There is very little instructions for using iCloud i can understand why many refuse to even try using it.
Much better to just use Drop Box to store pictures then put them where you want, you don't have the Sync to Drop Box as in iCloud.
I now see the usefulness of icloud it takes some messing around with it to understand how it works.
Thank you for your help.
You're welcome.