What's new

question about updating

deceased170

Reaction score
So if my device is on 4.0 jailbroken and i update to 4.1 is it possible to keep my jailbroken apps and theme or will i have to re install everything?

When you upgrade to 4.1 it will remove the jailbreak and cause you to lose everything the JB had. Then you have to JB again for 4.1

I have PKG Backup up so my hopes are if I make a backup right now and save the backup onto my PC as added safety, I can update to 4.1, jailbreak with Limera1n or Greenpois1n when it comes out, put back Cydia, re-download PkgBackup, and restore from my backup bringing back everything I had. I'm not ready to upgrade yet but I'll find out eventually.

Last edited:
Well eventually finally came and I updated to 4.1 last night and used Greenpois0n for the JB. Before doing anything I made a final backup with PkgBackup and synched with itunes. I also manually backed up my contacts just in case. After all was done (JB, updating Cydia, etc), I re-downloaded PkgBackup and did a restore using it. It worked perfectly, all my Cydia packages were back. :)