What's new

question about cutthroat razors or straight edge razors

bmahony

Reaction score
anybody on here use this type of razor for shaving..real mens razors as well they are also called..always fancied one of these..bought one today on e-bay..what are they like to use..benefits of using one..what kind of shave do you get with them..talking about the razors that are fixed to a curved handle..any thoughts on this:):p

no, I just use the mach one what ever the newest one is with really thin blades,

but with the cut throat ones they are supposed to cut so much better and you dont have to shave for much longer..

anybody on here use this type of razor for shaving..real mens razors as well they are also called..always fancied one of these..bought one today on e-bay..what are they like to use..benefits of using one..what kind of shave do you get with them..talking about the razors that are fixed to a curved handle..any thoughts on this:):p

Any razor with more than two blades is a no no for me. More than two and they chop ya face to bits.

iHolophyte

I'm the same... more blades the better!! Anything less than 4 blades jacks my skin all up.

I use the Gillette fusion razors. They cut plenty good, and I've never attempted to shave with an old razor like that. Lol. :p

I don't have a heavy beard, and 62 i have never used a 'cut throat' razor.

I have found with any razor you have 'learn' it before you can get the best results, so whatever you buy don't, judge it on the 1st couple if shaves.

Wilkinson Sword make a flexible cartridge 3 blade razor. I found this the best for me as it reduced the amount of cuts suffered, especially to my top lips, having more confidence of a no blood soaked damage means a better shave is achieved, but you can't disrespect it.

A year ago i bought a Braun 7 series razor (to replace my faithful 20 year old Braun) paid £120.00 of Amazon. tbh i've found it so good i've not used a wet razor since.

I'm not claiming it is as good as a blade but has to be one of the closest so far. for people with heavy beards i think they will always need to use a wet shaver - or wax :)., but having a very good battery life, given the convenience and no risk of snicks, they could always shave twice a day.

The cleaning station fluid also lubricates the cutters and help to keep it's as new feeling. Battery life is very good and the cleaning/charging cycle takes about 20 minutes, beware other razors with a charger/cleaning station which can take about 8 hours.

The latest Braun Razors can be used while in the shower, but i don't leave it in there in case the wife uses it on her legs (or her 'other' regions lol!).

I am a hairdresser and have used a cut throat razor for neck shaving but I have never done a full face shave with one. They do shave really well but would quite tricky to use on the contours of the face. Honestly, if I were a guy, I'd stick to the commercial 3 or 4 blade razor. Much less chance of cutting yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: