What's new

PSA: iOS 6.0.1 UNTETHERED Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using redsnow to save shsh blogs since i am on 6.0.1 would i download the 6.0.1 firmware ( restore ) ipsw for saving blogs?

If you are using an iPhone 5 to save your SHSH blobs you need to use the latest version of Redsn0w.

*plug in iPhone 5
*Open redsn0w and click"Extras"
*Click "SHSH blobs"
*Click "New"
*Select iOS 6.0.2 firmware
*redsn0w will tell you it saved blobs and ask if You want to submit them to Cydia
*click "yes"
*Done

Hi guys,
Can I ask a possibly dumb question?
Where do I locate the ios 6.0.2 firmware for my iPhone 5 on my Macbook pro (mountain Lion)?
iPhone 5 already plugged in, but can't seem to locate my blobs.

Hi guys,
Can I ask a possibly dumb question?
Where do I locate the ios 6.0.2 firmware for my iPhone 5 on my Macbook pro (mountain Lion)?
iPhone 5 already plugged in, but can't seem to locate my blobs.

Download the 6.0.2 firmware on your Mac, save it on desktop or a folder to know about it and then do the steps..

Man I hope this comes to pass this weekend, I'm catching a LOT of flack on another forum by simply asking a question about upgrading before the release this weekend. They are claiming this site has no credible info regarding any JB release and that I'm being irresponsible by even mentioning it.

So who else is checking back every hour today hoping its been released?? :)

I have the iphone 4s 64gb version and 5.1.1 absynth 2.0.4 jailbreak. In Cydia it shows both SHSH: ISO 5.1.1, 6.0.1. I have an application on the iphone iSHSHit but it only grabs the blobs from cydia and seems to only have 5.1.1 in iSHSHit?

Is there another application I can download and save both blobs? I know 5.1.1 will be useless but at least I can save the 6.01 from what I have read I will need it. Is it tiny or Redsn0w that will allow me to save the 6.0.1 blob on my iphone 4s with 5.1.1 jailbreak?

SHould I also download the the firmware 6.0.1 now or it will be available from the links you offer here?

I am on a Mac Pro early 2008 with OSX Mountain Lion.

I might stick with 5.1.1 jailbreak for a while but just want to get the sources together and saved for later.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and answer it as best as possible!!

I have the iphone 4s 64gb version and 5.1.1 absynth 2.0.4 jailbreak. In Cydia it shows both SHSH: ISO 5.1.1, 6.0.1. I have an application on the iphone iSHSHit but it only grabs the blobs from cydia and seems to only have 5.1.1 in iSHSHit?

Is there another application I can download and save both blobs? I know 5.1.1 will be useless but at least I can save the 6.01 from what I have read I will need it. Is it tiny or Redsn0w that will allow me to save the 6.0.1 blob on my iphone 4s with 5.1.1 jailbreak?

SHould I also download the the firmware 6.0.1 now or it will be available from the links you offer here?

I am on a Mac Pro early 2008 with OSX Mountain Lion.

I might stick with 5.1.1 jailbreak for a while but just want to get the sources together and saved for later.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and answer it as best as possible!!

Tiny umbrella or redsnow can both save your 6.0.1 SHSH locally.

So as of now my 4s with 6.0.1 still can not be JB with untether correct?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Well looks like the JB will be held off a little while longer as Apple just dropped Beta 5

EDIT

Well looks like the build is of a GM and not a beta.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. But to clear this up for somes of us slow folks. If we are currently on 5.1.1. Do we need to upgrade to 6.0.1 now and wait for the untethered jailbreak when it is released?

So I would need to download 6.0.1 IPSW and save that to my PC and then I can go to iTunes and upgraded to that firmware using the shift method?

Status
Not open for further replies.