What's new

Proximity sensor issue help

nicocesa

Reaction score
Hi i`ve problems with my iPhone 7. It was working without problems until last week when the proximity sensor dead. i`ve already try to restore, restart but it continues not working.When i put the iPhone in DFU mode and the restart it, It works and seems to be solved , so i used it for one day and then it stop working . I think that the power charger is the problem because immediately i unplug the telephone from the charger , the sensor stop working . I need help with this thanks.

Since your iPhone is still under warranty and if you purchased AppleCare+, you get 1 year of telephone technical support. If you don't have AppleCare+, the Genius Bar at an Apple Store, could diagnose the problem for free and repair it for free if the malfunction is covered under warranty.

Did you buy this iPhone new from an Apple Store?

Is it possible that you could use another charger, even a charger from an iPad would do?

Try giving the screen a clean with a very soft cloth.

Since your iPhone is still under warranty and if you purchased AppleCare+, you get 1 year of telephone technical support. If you don't have AppleCare+, the Genius Bar at an Apple Store, could diagnose the problem for free and repair it for free if the malfunction is covered under warranty.

Hi scifan57. The problem is that I am from Argentina and I `ve bougth the iphone in the usa.

Did you buy this iPhone new from an Apple Store?

Is it possible that you could use another charger, even a charger from an iPad would do?

Try giving the screen a clean with a very soft cloth.
hi brixtonboy, I always use the original new charger...

Hi Apple is Apple and providing you have the paperwork that as far as l know should not be a problem.

I realise you're using the original charger, however you said that you think it might be faulty, that is the reason l suggested trying a different one.

Hi scifan57. The problem is that I am from Argentina and I `ve bougth the iphone in the usa.
That might require you to send the iPhone to the U.S. to obtain warranty service. If there are any Apple Stores in Argentina, their Genius Bars could still test your iPhone for free.

Wow, didn't realise that. Might be easier just to forget about the Proximity sensor all together.
Unless it's a really big problem for the owner.

You know there are lots more options he can try if he wishes to, but l'm waiting on the outcome after he try's another charger.