What's new

proper way to take pictures

canes52

Reaction score
Hi, just got a ip4s. never really was into taking pics cause i never had a phone with this good of a camera. i was wondering if someone can link me to a tutorial of how to properly take pictures. do i just press the camera button to snap photo, or do i hold it down and then release. should i use HDR? any help is appreciated. thanks.

You just need to touch the camera button not hold it to take pictures.
About HDR, well it depends. I use it because it gives better results, it saves the original photo and the HDR both so you can chose which to keep. If you don't like waiting in between taking a snap and letting it process for HDR then don't use it.

The volume up button works great. I just had to learn to flip the phone the other way and use my left thumb to snap the picture. The other way and using my right index finger produces upside down photos on my computer. I leave HDR off and the pictures look great.

HDR is best used where there is bright light and dark in the photo. I have the iPhone 4 and love HDR. It has allowed me to take photos which would otherwise been ruined and washed out by the sun.