What's new

Problems

ipad4iphone5s

Reaction score
So far I miss my iPhone 7+.
First I am not happy with the camera. I have a lot of blurry photos, I never had this on my old phones (yes, the camera was steady). Does anyone else have this problem? I even used burst to hopefully get a clear shot with no luck.
Second, I don't always get sound notifications for text messages. The phone will be sitting right next to me, if the screen didn't light up, I would have missed it. This happens more than not.
Third, if I am in my photos app and want to share a photo, when I select the share icon, there is quite a bit of delay (never had this on any other device.
My main concern is the camera, do I have a lemon? Can this be fixed?

Yesterday I wanted to send a photo to my buddy. I went to photos, selected the photo, selected the share icon, took a shower, shaved, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and then picked up my phone. I only had to wait like another minute for the text screen to enter my buddy's name o_O

My 7 also did this. Maybe I have too many pictures, I don't know. Annoying as all hell IMO.

If you're really getting blurry shots I'd take it to Apple or send a photo to customer support. Your image stabilizer may be broken. I'm not overly impressed with the pictures but mine aren't blurry either.

I'm happy with my photos, and I haven't really see a difference between the 7 Plus and X photos. Have you checked out the Photo's taken with the X post? Are yours as good as those, or worse?
Photos taken with the iPhone X
If worse, maybe you did get a lemon. Also, wherever you got the phone from if new, you have 14 days to return it. If you're unhappy, I'd highly recommend returning it.

Look: here's what most people who bought the X are forgetting; it's a first generation device. Software and apps are not optimized for it. The way the phone works within the iOS is completely different. Swiping instead of a home button and Face ID are brand new for this phone only, and not yet been perfected. Everything about this phone screams beta-ish, meaning, we (the early adopters) are testing the phone at our own expense. I read somewhere that Apple did not even plan on releasing this phone until 2018, but wanted a 10 year anniversary phone, so they released it early. Having said all that, it'll get better. Those people who are not usually "Early Adopters" though, will probably not be happy. While Apple released this phone, you need to understand, it is a first generation phone with completely different iOS functions never used before. There will be glitches and issues not found on the 6S, 7, or 8, as those have been out and developers, as well as Apple, have been able to optimize those phones. So, if you are not use to little bugs, glitches, or don't understand them on a $1000+ phone, I'd highly recommend that you wait until the 2018 version to upgrade by returning the current model and going back to your other device. Remember... this is a generation 1 device that was pushed early and will have issues. It won't be perfect.