What's new

Problems with Sprint service and don't know what to do?

bigj954

Reaction score
1st off I would like to say hi as I'm a new member to the site. So here is my problem to be honest my service has not been working like it should even on 3G and full bars witch I posted photo's in this post of the bad service to show you what I'm talking about and how it does not work like Sprint clames it does for me. I get a lot of dead air even on full bars, a lot of failed calls, calls going in and out, people calling me and it rings normal for them but nothing shows up on my call log at all and no voicemail by checking visual voicemail or by calling in the voicemail but they left me messages, text messages/iMessages fail even on full bars with 3G or even with full WIFI bars on a privet WIFI network with a password, nothing data wise works on the phone and can't even connect to basic things built into the phone like visual voicemail(last screen shot). Also, I work in a court house because I'm a lawyer and every day from the 1st day in any courtroom on any floor my iPhone says "No Service" and it does not change until I go into my car and a block away, but the funny thing is any other company iPhone 5 works fine and they text back and forth in court while I can't do nothing. Also, this happens in every mall, and arena I been to each and every time as well. So in reality my phone actually works in total works 10% of the time, and 90% of the time the phone does not work at all. Then calling Sprint is not going to do no good because all they is tell you is that "there us nothing we can do, everything is on" and how it works 97% of the time according to the computers at the call centers even floor GM, OKC ticket/network team, and even the corporate office even after fling a FCC complacent, though I have screen shots to back it up and I told multiply people at Sprint that I can email it to them right now as I had my email open waiting to send it and they always seem to skip over the question each and every time I say it to any one every time. Also, I have gotten 6 different iPhones directly from the Apple store and all of them have been doing the 100% same things every square inch I been from the 1st device 1st second. On top of all this Sprint was suppose to roll out LTE in my area(Miami/Palm Beach market) in Augest of 2012, then they said Febuary 2013 then they said December 2013-January 2014 and now they have no idea when LTE is coming and it can be way past 2014. So with this being said what do you think is wrong with my phone? Also, what can I do if anything to fix this? then the last question what do you people think I should? because like I said before Sprint is no help to me at all. Thanks in advance for answering and helping out I hope to hear a response soon.
ngakhz.jpg

w06pg8.jpg
2jaama8.jpg
10zxwsm.jpg
35bea1g.jpg
2rgi4q1.jpg
2iix2c4.jpg
1orvqr.jpg

Last edited:
With results as bad as that, I'm thinking there's a hardware issue here. I use my iPhone in northern Canada, and have better results than that.

You could try doing a restore (back it up to your computer first), then set it up as a new phone. If that helps you can then set it up again from your backup and try to find the problem setting. If restoring doesn't do it, my money is on hardware failure.

already been doing that, plus I did everything you can possibly do 100 times plus at least and nothing works at all.

Genius Bar appointment. I figure it has to be hardware failure. These things work, and yours doesn't. Come contract renewal time, I would also be thinking long and hard about moving to a different carrier.

like I said I already went to apple I'm on my 6th device and all 6 of them did the 100% same things. Plus 2 of the times out of the 6 Apple was on the phone with Sprint to activate the phone and no one at Sprint even floor GM and OKC ticket center knew what was going on and the apple store said to Sprint what should we do I have no idea what is going on or what to do and I ended up leaving after 4 hours each of the 2 times with no activated phone and OKC had to put in a ticket and call me back and when they did they took 3 hours to activate the phones. It is just a huge mess from day one and I came to sprint from T-mobile just to get the iPhone and it has never been working right yet from the day of the lunch. Also, this is the iPhone 5 I'm talking about just so you know

Last edited:
I know it's been a while since the last post here but I'm wondering if the op found a solution to his issues? I just came over to sprint for the iPhone 5 as well and have been having the same exact problems.

At OP, do other sprint non-iPhones work properly in the same areas (data/email/apps)?

At OP, do other sprint non-iPhones work properly in the same areas (data/email/apps)?
At 1st Android and other Sprint branded phones on Sprint where working normal even iPhone 4s and lower where working, but then shortly after the iPhone 5 came out like a month after all sprint branded phones Completely had the same problems.

Last edited:
I know it's been a while since the last post here but I'm wondering if the op found a solution to his issues? I just came over to sprint for the iPhone 5 as well and have been having the same exact problems.
Nope I have not found a fix for the problems at all and according to Sprint iPhone 5 owners over on sprint.com
forums it appears to be a nation wide issue and just as bad as in my market(Miami/Palm Beach). Also, on the same
site there have been multiple people in my market complaining as well And one person even listed six different cities in one of the counties in the market I be in a lot and they have no service at all traveling throughout the whole cities
they mentioned, and when I go to the same place as they're talking about the same thing happe t to me as well "No
Service" and does not change at all. Also, filing FCC and BBB complaints really do nothing because I filed 2 complains each and nothing got done even after speaking to the same person multiple time over at Sprint's corporate office and they end up making up BS excuses for why the service does not work. So in the end I ended up leaving Sprint and
getting an iPhone 5 with Verizon wireless and I can honestly say since I've gotten the phone with Verizon I've had
100% no problems and the signal(data and voice) work and is reliable 100% of the time, even where the Sprint
branded iPhone 5 had problems like "No Service" the whole time each time the Verizon iPhone was still a 100%
reliable.

Last edited:
Glad you got that straightened out mate, I'd recommend keeping up with your complaints, you may get sprint to send you back some $$$ ( assuming you paid an etf).