What's new

Problems with iPhone 3GS and Yahoo Mail

johnagall

Reaction score
How to explain?

I have two different email accounts set up on my iPhone 3GS, the default account a Yahoo account and a secondary Gmail account.

Whenever I try to send an email over the 3G network from my yahoo address I get a message that says:

“A copy has been placed in your outbox. The Sender address 'name @ yahoo dot com' was rejected by the server.”

It doesn’t matter what kind of address I try to send to I still get the same problem. If I am at home and using my wireless home network however the email will send. I have tried deleting and reinstalling this account to no avail.

When I change to my (work) Gmail account to the default email account I have no such problems on the 3G network.

Having spoken to Apple and T-Mobile they tell me this is an issue that should be brought up with Yahoo.

Can anyone help?

I have exactly the same problem, no one seems to know the answer. I have a iphone 4 with T-mobile. With my old Iphone 3gs on O2 nnever had such problem. Tmobile even made me buy yahoo's mail plus account for $20 still no difference.. Did you hear anything from Yahhoo???