What's new

Problems with ios 9.1

APX7000

Reaction score
iOS 9 is SO buggy and a pile of garbage, if your having problems it's the iOS 9 causing the problem.

Wish I had a solution to the problem, but there isn't! Your going to have to wait and cross your fingers the problem is solved with a future upgrade.

iOS 9 is SO buggy and a pile of garbage, if your having problems it's the iOS 9 causing the problem.

Wish I had a solution to the problem, but there isn't! Your going to have to wait and cross your fingers the problem is solved with a future upgrade.
The fact that not everyone has problems with iOS 9 is proof that it's not the update that's causing the problems. If it were, everybody would be having the same problems.

This is just not true, I'm running iOS 9.1 on my 6s Plus with no Problems. I have learned over the years that a lot of problems are caused by user error. If you are having problems with the newest update (any update, any device) before calling the update "garbage" try trobleshooting first. Most problems with an iPhone can be solved with a "hard reboot" or a "restore from new"....just my .02 cents

I've moved the discussion about iOS 9.1 in general to it's own thread, as the posts were not related to the OP's problem.

Last edited:
Problems I'm having as well as family and friends only after iOS 9.1 upgrade on a variety of iPhones from 4s to 6's;

Alert tones for text/iMessage stop working almost daily (reboot fixes it)

Apples Podcast app crashes

Lock screen timer doesn't work past 2 minute setting. (Set it for 4 mins and it locks phone after 2 mins)

Random reboots (especially when an app has permission to keep the phone live and not lock the phone).

The list goes on and on..... Yet none of these problems existed in iOS 8.
None of the iPhones are JailBroken except mine, yet we all have the same problems.

At my friends work, at the short daily morning meetings before the store opens, they all power down and power up their iPhones now as a daily requirement.

Maybe calling iOS 9 garbage is harsh, but when we all never gave a seconds thought about our iPhones working properly before and never had to reboot for months, now we're constantly checking the phone for missed messages and making sure it's still powered on.

We all upgraded our iPhones with the latest iTunes software. Also no one has complained about their iPads or Mini's, only iPhones.

Thanks for letting me vent....