What's new

Problems with Alerts under notifications

MKubba

Reaction score
My iPhone4 has iOS version. 8.3 (12F70). Since the last update, the sound alerts on incoming emails no longer work. Also the "Push" function on incoming emails is no longer available on my regular email addresses. It is only available under iCloud.
Is this normal?

Welcome to iPhoneForums, MKubba!

Push and Fetch for your emails depend on the email account, I suppose. I have two accounts that get the Push feature (iCloud and Outlook), while my Gmail account just shows Fetch or Manual.

Make sure you selected a notification sound in Settings - Notifications - Mail, for every email account.

Is Do Not Disturb enabled on your iPhone? This will silence incoming calls and notifications.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, MKubba!

Push and Fetch for your emails depend on the email account, I suppose. I have two accounts that get the Push feature (iCloud and Outlook), while my Gmail account just shows Fetch or Manual.

Make sure you selected a notification sound in Settings - Notifications - Mail, for every email account.

Is Do Not Disturb enabled on your iPhone? This will silence incoming calls and notifications.

Dear Moderator,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Kindly note

a) Push and Fetch. Push used to work, now it does not. My emails are pop emails. I do not have an iCloud or Outlook addresses

b) Sound alerts. Indeed I have do not disturb, but only from 22 hours to 7 hours.I have also correctly chosen the alerts under notification. In fact I have not changed anything. I used to get the alerts and after the latest update I no longer get them. The vibrate alerts are working fine. My iPhone model is
MD235FD/A