What's new

Problem with the app store?

Gentei

Reaction score
App store is telling me there are 6 apps to update.
But when i open the app store and i go to updates there are no updates.
But now there is a "6" on app store on the iPhone.
It won't go away, i allready completely shut the iPhone down but nothing seems to work.

Are you in the Purchased section?
If there's "Updates" at the top left and an arrow, tap it to get back to Updates. Then you should see the apps that need updating.

If that's not the reason, search through your Purchased list and look for the apps that should be updated and get them up to date this way.

It's also possible to update the apps in iTunes and then sync them to your iPhone.

Last edited:
App store is telling me there are 6 apps to update.
But when i open the app store and i go to updates there are no updates.
But now there is a "6" on app store on the iPhone.
It won't go away, i allready completely shut the iPhone down but nothing seems to work.

Are you in the Purchased section?
If there's "Updates" at the top left and an arrow, tap it to get back to Updates. Then you should see the apps that need updating.

If that's not the reason, search through your Purchased list and look for the apps that should be updated and get them up to date this way.

It's also possible to update the apps in iTunes and then sync them to your iPhone.
The OP isn't the only one with an App Store problem. I can't update apps on any of my devices. My iPad shows 6 updates available but the update buttons aren't showing in the updates section.

The OP isn't the only one with an App Store problem. I can't update apps on any of my devices. My iPad shows 6 updates available but the update buttons aren't showing in the updates section.
Good to know.
Screenshot of the problem
As you can see it gives 6 updates, but the apps show "open" as if they were updated.

d04d3c677720475de579388842beca79.jpg

So far, Apple's system status doesn't show any issues. I can't reproduce the problem on my iDevices, because there are no apps that need to be updated.

Good to know.
Screenshot of the problem
As you can see it gives 6 updates, but the apps show "open" as if they were updated.

d04d3c677720475de579388842beca79.jpg
Tap one of the apps to open their description. Does this change the "Open" button to "Update"?

Tap one of the apps to open their description. Does this change the "Open" button to "Update"?
That doesn't work. When I open the updates section the update buttons show for a fraction of a second, then change to open.

Do they look the same in your Purchased list?
Yes
That doesn't work. When I open the updates section the update buttons show for a fraction of a second, then change to open.
Same problem like him. They show update and then BAM in one fraction they show "open" like in my screenshot.

I suppose you both tried the usual fixes - reset, restart, force close App Store?

If you didn't enable "Updates" in Automatic Downloads, try this as a temporary solution - if it works.