What's new

Problem with tether 4.2.10 Verizon

Sabruui

Reaction score
Last night I was trying to download something knowing that it probably wouldn't have worked. It required me to restart springboard--I did. It failed. I did the usual technique which is rejailbreaking the device.

It didn't work. I'm stuck here and have no clue what to do. It's just stuck at the Apple logo and has been that way. I'm in a public place (Hurricane Irene knocked out power) and am in need of a quick answer if anyone can help.

In advance, thank you.

Sabruui said:
Last night I was trying to download something knowing that it probably wouldn't have worked. It required me to restart springboard--I did. It failed. I did the usual technique which is rejailbreaking the device.

It didn't work. I'm stuck here and have no clue what to do. It's just stuck at the Apple logo and has been that way. I'm in a public place (Hurricane Irene knocked out power) and am in need of a quick answer if anyone can help.

In advance, thank you.

There isn't a working jailbreak for 4.2.10. That's why you can't get your device you work properly. You'll have to do a factory restore in order to gets things working again.

Sabruui said:

In advance, thank you.

There isn't a working jailbreak for 4.2.10. That's why you can't get your device you work properly. You'll have to do a factory restore in order to gets things working again.

+1, if you don't do a factory restore you will continue having problems.

Sabruui said:

In advance, thank you.

The problem is, iTunes doesn't recognize my device when it's doing this.

You probably need to put the iphone in recovery mode....

try this:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes

2. Plug your USB cable into your computer.

3. Turn your iPhone off by holding the power button down until you see “slide to power off”. Do as instructed.

4. Now press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to your iPhone. After iPhone is connected it should power on the device.

5. Continue holding the Home button, you will see the Apple logo appear and then finally a “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed, now is the time to release the Home button.

You'll have to put it in DFU mode. Here's an excellent tutorial on how to do this.

[/quote]

I've already tried this. It gives me a 3014 error saying "The iPhone "iPhone" can not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (3014).

[/QUOTE="Sabruui"][/QUOTE]
I've already tried this. It gives me a 3014 error saying "The iPhone "iPhone" can not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (3014).[/QUOTE]

If you have a firewall, or anti virus, try disabling it then restoring. You can also try the simple recovery mode iFrog suggested.

Last edited:
Try recovery mode and see if this work for you.

I'm going to assume you just didn't even read anything that I've posted besides the first one.

My phone is in RECOVERY loop. Rejailbreaking does not work. Your first method would have never worked since I'm not even on the device itself yet. I've TRIED DFU mode before and that has failed. Recovery mode won't even detect the device.

Sabruui said:
I'm going to assume you just didn't even read anything that I've posted besides the first one.

My phone is in RECOVERY loop. Rejailbreaking does not work. Your first method would have never worked since I'm not even on the device itself yet. I've TRIED DFU mode before and that has failed. Recovery mode won't even detect the device.

You never once mentioned you were stuck in a recovery loop. iFrog was just trying to help you like I am. Now do you have a firewall or anti virus? If so it'll keep throwing error 3014 up at you unless you disable it and try to restore again with DFU mode.

[/QUOTE="Sabruui"]
I've already tried this. It gives me a 3014 error saying "The iPhone "iPhone" can not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (3014).[/QUOTE]

If you have a firewall, or anti virus, try disabling it then restoring. You can also try the simple recovery mode iFrog suggested.[/QUOTE]

That didn't work either.

Try this.

1. go to computer
2. local disk
3. windows
4. system32
5. drivers
6. etc
7. open host in notepad and delete the saurik server

This might be causing the error. If not then you don't have enough disk space on your computer, and that's what's causing the error.

Last edited:
Try this.

1. go to computer
2. local disk
3. windows
4. system32
5. drivers
6. etc
7. open host in notepad and delete the saurik server

This might be causing the error. If not then you don't have enough disk space on your computer.

There is no Saurik server.

I also have 7 gigs left (Need to remove some things.)
Is that enough?

Last edited: