What's new

Problem with iPhone 6s icons

Le4nd

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with the icons of my iPhone 6s, now it happens more frequently. What happens is that the icons of the iPhone look a little lower than normal, when turning pages return to their normal position this is visually annoying, this also happened to me in an iPhone 4s that I had some time ago, and in the iPhone 6 I had previously not had this problem.
I have restored and remains the same, I do not know if it will be a problem of iOS 11.1.2 but the strange thing is that the same thing happened to me on an iPhone 4s with iOS 9.3.3 I had a while ago

I hope to find a solution in this forum. Thank you

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

Hi, I have a problem with the icons of my iPhone 6s, now it happens more frequently. What happens is that the icons of the iPhone look a little lower than normal, when turning pages return to their normal position this is visually annoying, this also happened to me in an iPhone 4s that I had some time ago, and in the iPhone 6 I had previously not had this problem.
I have restored and remains the same, I do not know if it will be a problem of iOS 11.1.2 but the strange thing is that the same thing happened to me on an iPhone 4s with iOS 9.3.3 I had a while ago

I hope to find a solution in this forum. Thank you

View attachment 37916

View attachment 37917
The bottom row of app icons is at the same height in both screenshots but the rows of app icons in the first screenshot are closer together, leading to more space at the top of the screen. Since it happens on multiple devices on more than one iOS version, it’s unlikely to be related to any recent iOS update. Maybe there’s something in the settings on your various iPhones that is responsible for this. Try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings and see if that makes a difference. No data will be lost but all Settings will be restored to factory default. If this solves the problem then it was a setting on your iPhone that was causing the problem. Now start adjusting your settings to their previous values one at a time to see if you can narrow down exactly which setting caused the problem.

The bottom row of app icons is at the same height in both screenshots but the rows of app icons in the first screenshot are closer together, leading to more space at the top of the screen. Since it happens on multiple devices on more than one iOS version, it’s unlikely to be related to any recent iOS update. Maybe there’s something in the settings on your various iPhones that is responsible for this. Try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings and see if that makes a difference. No data will be lost but all Settings will be restored to factory default. If this solves the problem then it was a setting on your iPhone that was causing the problem. Now start adjusting your settings to their previous values one at a time to see if you can narrow down exactly which setting caused the problem.

restore all the settings, also update to iOS 11.2 and the problem persists

I did the restoration of the iPhone and still have the problem with the icons
Too bad that didn't fix the problem. I think it's time for a full diagnostic at an Apple Store Genius Bar to determine exactly what's causing your problem. It can't be a common problem because I never heard of it before your posts.

Reactions: 933
What is interesting is the fact that you have six rows of Icons plus the Dock. My iPhone 6S only supports five rows. This would affect the shape.

Also check your display setting for being in “Zoomed” and not “Standard” view. This changes the way the icons look. I’ve attached a couple pics to show what I mean. One is zoomed view and the other is standard view.
IMG_3876.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG

Hope you get the issue resolved. Good day.

the screen configuration is fine

What is interesting is the fact that you have six rows of Icons plus the Dock. My iPhone 6S only supports five rows. This would affect the shape.

from the iPhone 6 IOS has 6 rows of icons