What's new

Problem with equalizer?

rasmith1959

Reaction score
I don't know if it's me or what, but I've noticed a small problem with the default music player using the equalizer. I don't know if this happens on all of the equalizer presets or not, though I do know that it happens with the "Late Night" and "Loudness" settings. When I first start playing music, it works just fine for the first few songs, but then it will start skipping the first few seconds of any other song played after that. Now if I set the equalizer to "Off" everything plays just fine and the problem disappears.

If it makes any difference the majority of my music library (over 4500 songs) was ripped from CD's using iTunes and encoded in AAC format. But this seems to happen with both music purchased from iTunes and ones I've ripped from CD's. My iPhone is running iOS 7.0.6 at the moment, but I'm in the process of updating to 7.1.0 as I type this. So I don't know if this problem exists in the new version or not. I'll post an update if it does.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I know that this thread is more than two years old. I am replaying here so that other members with same problem can find updated information. I have been using EqualizerPro. It works perfectly with iTunes. After installing it first my mac goes mute. Then I contact with their support and with the help of support center I solved my problem. It comes with more than 20 preset settings and works effectively with iTunes.