What's new

Problem With Apple ID

bobbcat

Reaction score
I have the 3GS & noted today for the 1st time when trying to engage the app store's upgrade feature for apps that were up for same that the apple ID it listed is my hubby's email addy, not mine, which is the default account. I confirmed this by checking in settings. Tried a hard reboot, no dice. Has anyone else ever encountered this? Google searches came up zip, so I gather this is not a common problem. How do I get the Apple ID feature to recognize my email address again like it's supposed to do?

Hi Bobbcat,

Try go to

Settings>Store and look for the ID you have there. if is not yours, Sign out and login using yours.

See if this help.

Yep, went to settings, saw that my email addy is there, tapped on it & saw all my info there as it's supposed to be. It's just a mystery to me why it is when I go to the app store's app & try to update, my husband's email addy shows up. Makes no sense. I even tried hooking it up to iTunes to troubleshoot there (it did prompt for a software update, which I completed) to no avail. I am beginning to wonder if I will have to undergo restore.....

Edited to say I even tried signing out & back in again. Still, no dice.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like those apps that you are trying to update was installed under your husband ID, try with one and uninstall the app and install it again.

I ultimately came to that same conclusion after downloading a freebie with no problem. I deleted the affected app & redownloaded it. Hopefully that will solve the problem. Funny thing is though, I don't recall downloading any apps under his ID, so not sure how this happened.

Do appreciate your input! :)