What's new

Problem unlocking i-Phone 4

rijack57

Reaction score
I am in Bermuda and had a friend send me an i-phone 4 from the US which is locked to AT&T and has not been activated. I ordered the Rebel Pro Micro SIM Card from England and installed it according to their instructions but it still doesn't work. At the moment I cannot access the phone(which includes not knowing which firmware) but for the IMEI number and emergency calls. It seems that I need to access the settings on the phone to do any kind of unlock. Does anyone know how I might get this phone up and running?

there is no unlock software for your baseband the only options is to use gevey sim

That is disappointing considering I have spent almost $200 for the Rebel SIM (which included a programmer). I have seen several companies on the net offering a factory unlock. You just provide your IMEI number and after a couple of days they tell you to connect to i-Tunes and the phone is supposed to work. Is this a scam?

That is disappointing considering I have spent almost $200 for the Rebel SIM (which included a programmer). I have seen several companies on the net offering a factory unlock. You just provide your IMEI number and after a couple of days they tell you to connect to i-Tunes and the phone is supposed to work. Is this a scam?

Most of the time yes, scaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in Bermuda and had a friend send me an i-phone 4 from the US which is locked to AT&T and has not been activated. I ordered the Rebel Pro Micro SIM Card from England and installed it according to their instructions but it still doesn't work. At the moment I cannot access the phone(which includes not knowing which firmware) but for the IMEI number and emergency calls. It seems that I need to access the settings on the phone to do any kind of unlock. Does anyone know how I might get this phone up and running?

Hi sir the reason why this isnt working for you is because you have not yet activated the mobile phone with your original network provider. for example before using the RebelSimCard if the iphone was o2 it will need an o2 sim card and needs to be activated through itunes and then will work after following the instruction guide which can be downloaded from our website (RebelsimCard.com and our download page)

thanks if you are still experiencing issues then please call us from our contact us page on our website we will be more than happy to help

there is no unlock software for your baseband the only options is to use gevey sim

Rebel Sim support the latest baseband and the latest firmware

please check out our website and see our compatibility list

I am unable to activate the phone with the original carrier (AT&T) as it was sent to me, in Bermuda, and I understand it cannot be done outside the US. When connected to iTunes it asks for a valid SIM card be inserted

Hi,

I have a same iPhone 4 from AT&T. I bought a Rebel SIM to it too. The Rebel Team did inform me about this needed (Activation card). They are not strong in support!
But there is a solution:
You need to update your iphone 4 with costume firmware with TinyUmbrella preserve your baseband and with hacktivated.
I did this and my iPhone 4 and Rebel SIM are working well and at now I can use my iPhone 4 as a real phone :) If you need help, do not hesitate to contact me.

With this you do not need to spend more many for the activation card FROM REBEL TEAM!!!. What you can not fitt into your iPhone :) what I could not fitt the Rebel SIM into my iPhone first time without small mechanic modification. Right Rebel Team?!

Last edited:
As I am a newbie I wondered if you would be able to give me step by step instructions on how to activate my iPhone 4 using tiny umbrella and hacktivated? Thank you.

As I am a newbie I wondered if you would be able to give me step by step instructions on how to activate my iPhone 4 using tiny umbrella and hacktivated? Thank you.

You don't use tinyUmbrella to activate your phone, instead you will use ultrasnow from cydia to activate your phone but it will all depend on the baseband on your phone.

I am unable to find out my baseband as I cannot access the settings. Is there any other way to find out? I would guess that it may be 4.0 or later as the phone is 3 or 4 months old.

I am unable to find out my baseband as I cannot access the settings. Is there any other way to find out? I would guess that it may be 4.0 or later as the phone is 3 or 4 months old.

What do you mean? You can not access the phone at all? What can u do with the phone at the moment?

You need to save the SHSH blobs of your phone with TinyUmbrella. It is more important than you think and others. So do it. It is very simple just download it and install it as a simple win app. If that is needed download and install Java too. Start the TinyUmbrella and go to the Advanced tab and set off the "Request SHSHFrom Cydia". After that connect your iphone 4. You will see your phone on left site of the app. Select it and click "Save SHSH" button at right site of the app. With this SHSH saving you will able to restore your phone if it is needed or anything goes wrong. Go to thi site "3w dot saurik dot com/id/12" and read more about its important.

When I open TinyUmbrella I get a warning message that says"Request from Cydia" is currently set. This can cause issues if you are trying to save current SHSHs as Cydia is no longer able to reliably proxy SHSH requests. Please change in the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Apply Changes' button or use the 'Edit' menu to apply changes. So I went to 'Advanced' and unchecked 'Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit' and clicked apply changes. Is this correct so far? I have not yet connected my phone to the computer.