What's new

problem that I cannot seem to fathom

Ken Bean

Reaction score
why does my iphone 5 show updated at 16.55 when it is 17.05 pm ? please

thanks for that but and although I am not a phone expert, I would have thought it ought to show when the update was complete not when it started. I appreciate you taking the trouble to respond none the less.

The next time I update my iPhone I'm going to keep track of the time I start and finish to see if I can solve this mystery.

OK Scifan 57 Thanks ,I wouldl be interested to hear your response. My latest "shenanigans" are as follows :-

Trying to update Mail at 21.15 hrs my iphone 5 said " updated at 16.05 " and trying to read a news site it said " internet connection error" and yet the computer works absolutely fine with no internet connection problem.
It beats me !!!

Hi Ken, Have you tried a hard reset, this can clear many glitches.
Hold down your Home button and On/Off button together until the apple appears then let go and the phone will reboot.

Hi P. Many thanks for that . I am sure i have done that but I have just done it again to make sure and will keep my digits crossed..

Many thanks much appreciated.

OK Scifan 57 Thanks ,I wouldl be interested to hear your response. My latest "shenanigans" are as follows :-

Trying to update Mail at 21.15 hrs my iphone 5 said " updated at 16.05 " and trying to read a news site it said " internet connection error" and yet the computer works absolutely fine with no internet connection problem.
It beats me !!!
I can find no place on my phone where app update times are stored. Where are you going to see these times?

Hi and thanks for coming back,

My phone always shows the times at the bottom of the screen when I try to do it.ie that is how I can report what it says !

Hi and thanks for coming back,

My phone always shows the times at the bottom of the screen when I try to do it.ie that is how I can report what it says !
I see no time at the bottom of my app update screen.
image.jpg

I cant seem to find your attachment, but look dont worry about it I intend to sort it some other way.I am grateful for your interest none the less.

I cant seem to find your attachment, but look dont worry about it I intend to sort it some other way.I am grateful for your interest none the less.
Try refreshing the screen or force closing Safari then reopenIng it and see if the picture shows up. These steps usually work for me if an attached photo doesn't show up.