What's new

Printing

sonia-pap

Reaction score
Hi !can you help me with my iPhone ..when I try to print an excel document it goes like this ...
IMG_4276.jpg

Do you have the Excel App installed on your phone? Because if you do, you will have more control over how the printing works. When you go to print select AirPrint? The next page has Layout Options, where you can select Orientation, Paper Size etc. Another option here is Scaling, where you can select Fit Sheet on One Page:

IMG_0655.jpg IMG_0654.jpg IMG_0653.jpg

Alternatively you could install the Apple Numbers app for your spreadsheets, which also allows you to control printouts a little better.

Here's a trick that works for me. I don't have an AirPrint printer, just a standard Canon printer which has its own printing app. On that first screen you showed, use two/fingers to increase the size of the page display. Then, you can "export/share" it with your printer app. I also use this to print iPhone emails and other documents. Works great.../Ray

Here's a trick that works for me. I don't have an AirPrint printer, just a standard Canon printer which has its own printing app. On that first screen you showed, use two/fingers to increase the size of the page display. Then, you can "export/share" it with your printer app. I also use this to print iPhone emails and other documents. Works great.../Ray

What you’re doing there is using Apple’s version of ‘print to pdf’.
It’s effectively converting the printout to a pdf so that it can be opened in various other apps. Very useful indeed.