What's new

Print capability

Bacchus

Reaction score
I didn't notice whether it was an IOS update that caused it or which one, but at some point I've lost the capability to print an article from the screen of my 5S. It used to.be that I could click on the little symbol that looks like a sheet of paper with an up-arrow and then select 'print'. Now, the only way I've found to do it is to email it to myself and then print the email.

Did I miss something? Is there an easier way?

No, it seems to be universal. And annoying.

Might it have something to do with the 'Air Drop' thing?

No, it shouldn't.

Some of the apps don't offer printing. In others, like Safari, it's one of the built in features and can't be added.

Did you try restarting or force starting your iPhone?

I tried the restart - nothing changed.

Here's what I'm getting - let's say I do a google search for a recipe and find one I want to copy. Down along the bottom of the screen is the symbol that looks like a sheet of paper with an up-arrow through it. It used to be, when I clicked on that symbol a box would open offering me various options - a green symbol for texts, an email symbol, a copy symbol, a print symbol, a symbol paddled 'more', etc.

Now, there's only the symbols for texts, emails, and 'more' which opens a list of things but no 'print' option. I've tried the options but the only one that'll end up allowing me to copy the article is to email it to myself and even that doesn't always work because part of the time what ends up being emailed to me is a link - not that actual article I wanted to copy. It's just maddening.....

It may be that you need to update the software for your printer. It's worth giving the manufacturer a call. The makers of my printer were very helpful when I had a problem.

The problem isn't with the printer. I'm not even being offered the option of printing. And that's long before the printer ever enters the equation.

But thanks for your input.

Caroline could be right. This problem could be caused by the printer, even if it doesn't seem so. Also: is your iPhone's software up to date?

I think 10.3.1 is the current version, right?

And I don't understand how my printer can be involved if my iPhone software isn't offering me the option of printing. Please explain....

It's possible that your printer's software is not up to date, and that's the reason why you don't get the printing option.

I know this is gonna sound like a smart-mouth answer but please bear with me - unless my printer is psychic it wouldn't even know I was contemplating a print of something. It's only connection to my iPhone is via the internet - it's an air printer.

And Epson is.very good about notifying me when it's time for an update.

Did you scroll the bottom row (starts with favorites) to the side? The 7th icon in should be print.

8B25350A-D7DF-43C2-BBB9-5D4608F3DEC8.png
[/URL][/IMG] Was this placed on my iPhone by Apple, Google, Epson, or whom? I don't think it was Epson...

There is no bottom row and there are only six on mine - the last being the one labeled 'more'

I tried to post a photo of mine above but evidently I don't know how to do
That.