What's new

power button turns off but not on/Speakers only work in settings

willis11of12

Reaction score
I don't know if these two problems are related, but I still have both of them, though plugging the phone into iHome usually turns it on. Other times, I am able to get it to turn on by pressing the power button and then quickly pressing the home button while still holding down the power button, and hold them both for about ten more seconds, then letting go as soon as I see the apple logo.

I don't hear any sound from the phone speakers, except while in the sound settings and using the onscreen volume bar, or sometimes for a split second when playing a song on iHome and removing it in the middle of playing a song.

So far I have tried resetting the settings, doing a full restore to original state, and today replaced both the battery and docking port inside, followed by again resetting all settings. I have seen somewhere that jailbreaking the phone and deleting a file for when connected to iHome (since it seems to be behaving like it is connected to iHome, though it knows I have disconnected and pauses the song when I pull it out of an iHome). However, I don't have any experience with jailbreaking, so it makes me nervous, and I'm worried it may not work with iHome anymore if I remove that file. Is there any other way to fix these problems?

Oh yeah, and sometimes it just shuts itself off, even when the batter is like 90% charged. Is the MB going bad or something?