What's new

Post Your Favourite Youtube Videos Here.

I saw this performance live on August 15, 2014 at Loncon 3, the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention. I found it on YouTube earlier today.
That's a great orchestra!
I've never seen this live. I still envy you for this experience.

That's a great orchestra!
I've never seen this live. I still envy you for this experience.
It was made up of members from every orchestra in London, just for this one two hour performance. A few of the members from the London Symphony Orchestra were with the orchestra when the Star Wars music was first recorded. They had one practice together the afternoon before the concert. If you look on YouTube for Worldcon Philharmonic Orchestra, you'll find several more videos posted there by the same person who did this one.

Last edited:
It was made up of members from every orchestra in London, just for this one two hour performance. A few of the members from the London Symphony Orchestra were with the orchestra when the Star Wars music was first recorded. They had one practice together the afternoon before the concert. If you look on YouTube for Worldcon Philharmonic Orchestra, you'll find several more videos posted there by the same person who did this one.
I'll take a look, thank you! This sounds interesting.

Nevertheless, it's not the same as being there, watching everything, feeling the music (may sound weird, but that's what I also do when I listen to good music like that) and listening to it. Just from watching the video you posted, I have the feeling that it must have been a breathtaking experience.

I'll take a look, thank you! This sounds interesting.

Nevertheless, it's not the same as being there, watching everything, feeling the music (may sound weird, but that's what I also do when I listen to good music like that) and listening to it. Just from watching the video you posted, I have the feeling that it must have been a breathtaking experience.
It certainly was. It was my first time at a live orchestra performance.

Last edited:
Have you listened to this one. It's the Doctor Who theme with a musician playing the Theremin, an instrument that's played without touching it. The Theremin was used for the original Doctor Who theme in the early 1960's.

I saw it, but only listened to a part of it before you posted the video. Thank you!

I know the theme(s) from the ninth Doctor onwards, except for the twelfth, because those are the ones available on Netflix in Austria.

Last edited:
I shouldn't have watched this excellent video, now there's a heavy snowstorm in Regina.;)

It made me laugh so hard [emoji4] here in my city it's not snowing only one day and it melt fast . We have -1 now [emoji4]

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 128g using Tapatalk