What's new

Portable Apple Watch Battery Chargers are Already a Thing

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
nomad-pod-640x410.jpg
On stage at last week's Apple "Spring Forward" event, Tim Cook announced that the Apple Watch has 18 hours of battery life with moderate use. Looking at past Apple battery life estimates, we all know most of us will need much more than what will be the actual battery life.

It seems one company is stepping in to help future Apple Watch owners even before the device has released. Nomad is a portable charger made specifically for the Apple Watch. The Nomad Pod has a 1800mAh lithium polymer rechargeable battery, good for up to four full charges.
apple-nomad-pod-640x173.jpg
The portable charger is smaller than the size of a standard hockey puck. It comes in three different colors and starts at $59 with estimated shipping in June.

I would certainly be interested in something like this. It would be perfect for those who are away from an electrical outlet for an extended time, such as a weekend camping trip.

How would the charger power itself or does it run off another battery it would be really nice if Apple could find some way to recharge the watch with the gyroscope (and I don't mean give back 3% battery.

Brandon
Scholten

How would the charger power itself or does it run off another battery it would be really nice if Apple could find some way to recharge the watch with the gyroscope (and I don't mean give back 3% battery.

Brandon
Scholten
Those portable Apple Watch chargers are battery powered and are charged by plugging into a charger, just like an iPhone or iPad.

Kind of like the extended battery's for iPhone

Brandon
Scholten