What's new

Poll: Why did you choose iphone, why not...

Ronpfid

Reaction score
Curious, if everyone reading this could just answer 3 quick questions, love to know your thoughts.

1) Main reason why you chose an iphone
2) Main reason why NOT an android
3) Main reason why NOT a blackberry

Thanks, this could be really interesting and helpful!

1) Before purchasing the iPhone, I already owned two iPads, which I really like and still use. So the software wasn't new to me. I knew what's possible when you use iPhone and iPad together, especially with iOS 8, and I liked the size of the 6 plus.
It's way easier to sync between Apple devices. That was another reason to switch to the iPhone.
Additionally, the camera of the iPhone is a lot better than the one I had on my SGS 3. And the iPhone's battery life is great.

2) Before purchasing my iPhone, I had an Android phone. I never used it to it's full extent. Just as an example: I didn't use the Calendar app on the Android, but my Gmail calendars were synced to the iPads.

3) I never used a Blackberry, and wasn't interested in getting to know a new technology.

Last edited:
1) I had an iPad and loved IOS, also had a Mac so it made sense to go with iPhone, 4s to start with.

2) Had Android before......Far too flaky.

3) Never had a Blackberry and never wanted one.

Last edited:
1). My first iPhone was my third iOS device, I already had an iPod touch and an iPad 2. Continuing in the same ecosystem made sense, iPhones are very good phones and I had access to all my previously purchased apps.

2). )
---- I had no interest in buying anything else.
3). )

1) The iPhone seemed to work exactly the way I wanted it to out of the box

2) I used to be an Android developer, watched the platform begin its journey down the drain and didn't want to be there any longer

3) Who?

1) I was ready to upgrade to a smart phone from a basic LG "dumb phone." I didn't know a lot about iPhones, but I knew Apple's reputation and there was no contest in my mind. If worse came to worst I could have changed to another phone after a couple of years, but I've never regretted the decision. I'm happy with where I am.

2) Again, Apple's reputation was the determining factor

3) I have a business client who was using a Blackberry. I had helped him with some things with it such as setting it up for syncing, so I had some experience using its keyboard to enter information. Got a feel of what it was like to work with it. Yuck. Funny thing was that a week after I got my iPhone I went to his place on a project and guess what? He had also just given up his Blackberry for a new iPhone! Since then there have been a number of times that he's mentioned that there's just no comparison. The iPhone wins hands-down.

I started off with an iPad (which, IMHO, is Apple's gateway drug). I had it for almost a year before I decided to get an iPhone (the 4S, for what it's worth). I decided on an iPhone because, after a year, I was already well invested in the AppStore. Seemed simpler to stay with Apple.

Again, I was already into the AppStore and all the apps I had bought for the iPad. Never considered getting anything else, TBH. And, wouldn't switch because now, after 3 more years, I'm even MORE into the AppStore and the apps!

Never considered it. I really didn't want a phone, truth be told. I just wanted a more portable iPad. To this day, I wouldn't care if the phone didn't make phone calls. :)

I just think it's wonderful that I can (and do!) carry a computer around in my pocket. How cool is that?!

Marilyn

Interesting! Thanks to all who answered :)
Wow, so most think android is flakey, and most don't even consider BlackBerry?

I'm just about 100% Apple. My desktop is still a PC mainly because it hasn't died yet. When it does it will be replaced with an iMac. Last time I replaced my phone (iPhone 4) the choice was simple; 5c or 5s, because I wanted the inter connectivity between Apple devices.

I recently had a galaxy S4 as a work phone, but couldn't get on with it, so I chopped it in for an iPhone 4s that came available.

Blackberry? Wife had one. Wouldn't give it houseroom.

I hadn't read they admitted it unsafe, so I phones are more secure? I know blackberry are really secure.

Wow blackberry used to be THE smartphone, I didn't realize ppl didn't even consider them as a choice anymore. Is it the app situation with blackberry? I have a note 4 and an all touch blackberry z30, but Iphones do look appealing to me.

iPhones are more secure because Apple inspects all apps that enter the App Store and you cannot side load an app on a stock iPhone. Side loading an app from a strange website is like playing roulette, you never know if the app was reworked to include malware. People complain about the walled garden, but it is exactly this walled garden that makes the iPhone more secure.

My home is all iOS and OS X, and it will remain so until I see reason to believe that these operating systems no longer meet my needs.

Ah OK, I've never loaded an app other than from the play store. I can see though how sideloading would be risky

ewqrw
Curious, if everyone reading this could just answer 3 quick questions, love to know your thoughts.

1. I dont currently own an iPhone, but will be changing to one soon. I am somewhat familiar with the IOS as I have an iPad and like it a lot. This would be the main reason for changing as I can sync calendar, Dropbox etc between PC, IPad and phone.

2. have used Android phones for a number of years now. The new Samsung S6 is a fine phone, but there are over 50 pre installed apps, most of which are crap-ware and as I understand it can't be uninstalled. I have noticed that when I disable them they have a tendency to reinstall again, especially with updates.

3. Never used the Blackberry.

Stag

It was given to me. But I was already fond of Apple products. I've never had any interest in an Android devices.