What's new

Please post successful 5.0.1 & Unlock!!

vyvxguy

Reaction score
I have a 3GS
fw 4.0.1
Baseband 05.13.04

I am looking to upgrade to 5.0.1 with pwnage tool 5.0.1 using custom fw and unlock with ultrasn0w 1.2.5.

Would someone please reply back with their successful results?

Thanks,

Vyvxguy

Just restore a custom 5.0.1 firmware made with sn0wbreeze, redsn0w or pwnage tool and then jailbreak and install ultrans0w. That's all there is to it.

Thanks, Jmills87, I will plan to try it tonight.

I understand from this site and others, that there were some issues unlocking with ultrasn0w 1.2.5 once jailbroken on 5.0.1.

Have you heard more positive than negative regarding unlocks?

I use the 3GS as my main phone and wanted to be sure before taking the plunge from 4.0.1 to 5.0.1.

Thanks, you have given my confidence a boost. Now, I feel that I can move forward with the upgrade.

Cheers,

Vyvxguy.

jailbreak using latest redsn0w for verizon ip4 on latest firmare went smooth. My first attempt at jailbreaking any device, thanks a ton. It took less than 15 minutes to backup my phone and jailbreak, hello freedom.

thanks again

I updated today to 5.0.1 , didnt need to do a restore through itunes, it preserved all my apps, music, videos, etc. Then just put in DFU mode, used redsnow 10b, then installed pkbackup, restored from dropbox, all back to exactly as it was. Easy as pie!

I tried it and don't think it work cause it doesn't let me download anything from cydia and non of the apps I had are working! What to do?

I tried it and don't think it work cause it doesn't let me download anything from cydia and non of the apps I had are working! What to do?

If youa re having cydia issues this may be the reason:

Cydia Might Be Slow or Unresponsive But It’s OK

When I was done jailbreaking, cydia would not really respond very well. So I rebooted and noticed cydia was still there and it launched, So I knew I was jailbroken. So I just waited and it finally took.

But the way I had my homescreen and lockscreen are back to default what could cause it to be normal?

Updated today from iOS 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 and i had a baseband of 4.11.08, it worked flawlessly and the Jailbreak worked too, the only problem i had was when i installed Installous 4 the springboard was reset and i had only the bookshelf app on the screen, i turned the phone off and on and all my apps were back :D so basically no problems what so ever

Updated today from iOS 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 and i had a baseband of 4.11.08, it worked flawlessly and the Jailbreak worked too, the only problem i had was when i installed ^^^^^^^^ the springboard was reset and i had only the bookshelf app on the screen, i turned the phone off and on and all my apps were back :D so basically no problems what so ever

Install what ous??? Man you aren't serious. And pay at least for the time the devs spent buildings apps Jesus. Mod do something with that post if possible and thanks.

Last edited:
Updated today from iOS 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 and i had a baseband of 4.11.08, it worked flawlessly and the Jailbreak worked too, the only problem i had was when i installed Installous 4 the springboard was reset and i had only the bookshelf app on the screen, i turned the phone off and on and all my apps were back :D so basically no problems what so ever

Hey Mike,

When you did that did your baseband remain the same? And if so, did you try the unlock?