What's new

Please please help!

stanleyman

Reaction score
Hi, ive just joined not sure what im doing but i just need urgent, effective help from people who know what their doing.

Right, i got my dads iphone 4 for christmas and it had nothing on it so obviously they had reset it. So i plugged it into iTunes to try and download the stuff on my ipod touch on to the iphone. It only partially worked so, i erased all memory etc to make it a brand new phone effectively.

Now, upon starting it, im able to select country, language, wifi and then when it says 'activating iphone. This may take a few minutes' about 3 seconds later it comes up with a message saying 'Activation request could not be completed. If the problem persists please contact customer care'.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS!? Then it either stays on that screen or if you press the home button, it gives you an option to go to wi-fi settings and something else. I know for a fact it has never been jailbroken or modified ever because my dad doesnt even know what this means. I am really starting to panic and upon reading articles about things like bricked iPhones etc. and i think i have broken my new phone already. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Oh and by the way i have no sim for it yet if that helps. Thanks again

Last edited:
The reason that message comes up is because you have no SIM. You can't activate it without a SIM unless you hacktivate it wIth RedSn0w. And to keep it hactivated, you'll need to jailbreak it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

thank you so much! So if i get a sim and put it in, it will recognise it and power up normally etc? Thanks again :)

Assuming that the SIM card matches the carrier that the phone supports and that the SIM has an active account on it.