What's new

Playing iOS Apps On Your TV Looks Great

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wkRtztB7OA]YouTube - The Incident 1.3 on my TV[/ame]​

Cool video on the game The Incident, playing on a large screen TV. They made this happen by plugging in TV-Out cables into an iPad plugged into the TV. Then they had an iPod Touch connected to the iPad wirelessly used as a game controller. The way Apple made the AppleTV, allowing AirPlay, and pure streaming, I think this is what they will do with it. They will make the AppleTV able to stream apps from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad onto your TV. It would act as the middle man so there wouldn't be any cords bothering you between the TV and your controller(iOS device).

This way you could carry around not only your phone or iPod, it would also be a hard drive that you would be able to stream on other AppleTVs. Kind of like the ultimate gaming system and Apple is set up perfectly for it. I think this is going to be a way for Apple to push themselves a little more into the console gaming market.

Just my two cents.

I can think of a lot of games that I would love to see on a TV screen like that! Curious about just how good the graphics look but from this angle it looks pretty awesome.