What's new

Pixelmator

You're welcome. Hope all goes well for you, and I'm here if you need any help :)
I came across another Photo Editor that looks very promising, Its called Acorn, Have you tried this one?

I've heard of it but haven't tried it. You might see if they have a free trial edition. I do remember looking into that one as part of my research, but decided against it. I don't remember why I decided not to buy it, but it could simply be that it didn't meet my needs.

I've heard of it but haven't tried it. You might see if they have a free trial edition. I do remember looking into that one as part of my research, but decided against it. I don't remember why I decided not to buy it, but it could simply be that it didn't meet my needs.
There's a 14 day trial and some good video tutorials so worth a go, It's supposed to be easy to use which sounds good to me.

There's a 14 day trial and some good video tutorials so worth a go, It's supposed to be easy to use which sounds good to me.
Oh, yes, definitely worth a go.

There is quite a learning curve when dealing with Pixelmator and gimp.. I think that is what turns people off the most. Hopefully Acorn doesn't have quite a steep learning curve. I wish you well with it.

Please do let me know how you get on with it, it may help me recommend it to others in the future.

There is quite a learning curve when dealing with Pixelmator and gimp.. I think that is what turns people off the most. Hopefully Acorn doesn't have quite a steep learning curve. I wish you well with it.

Please do let me know how you get on with it, it may help me recommend it to others in the future.
Yes I will.

One thing I noticed, In the Mac App Store it's £22.99, If you download from their site it's £29.99, I'm trying to find out if there are less features or something in the App Store version.

One thing I noticed, In the Mac App Store it's £22.99, If you download from their site it's £29.99, I'm trying to find out if there are less features or something in the App Store version.
I've seen this pricing scheme with other Mac apps. I've been told by others that the versions are identical and that the difference in price has to do with the App Store. However, it couldn't hurt to check to be sure.

Are you saying that Acorn is similar in price to Pixelmator?

I've seen this pricing scheme with other Mac apps. I've been told by others that the versions are identical and that the difference in price has to do with the App Store. However, it couldn't hurt to check to be sure.

Are you saying that Acorn is similar in price to Pixelmator?
The App Store price is about the same.

I haven't explored it yet, As it's only 14 days I'll hang on until I gave time to spend on it, If you get time can you have a look and see how it compares?
Unfortunately, I'm without my Mac for a bit.. I'm not sure when I'll be able to buy a new one.

Unfortunately, I'm without my Mac for a bit.. I'm not sure when I'll be able to buy a new one.
Ok, There isn't much in the price so for me it will be down to ease of use, The features are very similar from what I read, Reviews are favourable too so it looks promising.

Ok, There isn't much in the price so for me it will be down to ease of use, The features are very similar from what I read, Reviews are favourable too so it looks promising.
See if you can find a list of tools/features. It won't do to buy an app and find that a favorite tool/feature is not included. Also, check to see if there is a forum or help center for Acorn users in case the tutorials don't address your concerns.

Edit: I was under the impression that the new Photos app is intended to replace Aperture. This would imply that Photos for Mac has some professional level features. Perhaps this is worth looking into before you buy Acorn.

See if you can find a list of tools/features. It won't do to buy an app and find that a favorite tool/feature is not included. Also, check to see if there is a forum or help center for Acorn users in case the tutorials don't address your concerns.

Edit: I was under the impression that the new Photos app is intended to replace Aperture. This would imply that Photos for Mac has some professional level features. Perhaps this is worth looking into before you buy Acorn.
One of the features I wanted was restoring old photos and it does that, As I haven't done much photo editing I haven't really got any favourite tools but I'll do a comparison first.

I had the same thought as you about Photos, Well worth checking out.