What's new

PINs...Help!

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I have an iphone5s. So, I figured out that by pressing the number 1 on my phone's keypad, it takes me to voicemail. Voicemail asks for my PIN. I figured my PIN must be the same four digits I used to access the phone at all, but voicemail says it is not the correct PIN. How do I know what is my PIN to access voicemail?? I do not recall even setting up a PIN for voicemail. : (

Okay, since I was able to access everything in my phone, I was then able to find the selection for changing voicemail PIN, and I changed it. Problem is I have no idea from what I changed it! I do not recall setting a PIN for voicemail after I received my phone. Does this feature come with a preset voicemail PIN? My problem is solved (I think), but I am curious about the original PIN.

Okay, since I was able to access everything in my phone, I was then able to find the selection for changing voicemail PIN, and I changed it. Problem is I have no idea from what I changed it! I do not recall setting a PIN for voicemail after I received my phone. Does this feature come with a preset voicemail PIN? My problem is solved (I think), but I am curious about the original PIN.
Your voicemail pin was set by you and your cellular provider. The 4 digit code you used to get into your phone is different, it's what you entered when you set up the phone as the passcode. To confuse you more, you may have established another 4 digit code under restrictions to cover changes to that area to cover that area. Voicemail service is a service provided by your cell company and the password is kept by them.

Hi bear7962. Thanks for clarifying that. I am still a bit confused, though. I *think* I have successfully reset the PIN to get into voice mail, though, as I was able to access two messages. Funnily enough, I never even knew I had two messages waiting. I just knew for sure that I missed one phone call today, and that is what prompted me to check voice mail. Hopefully, I have it straight now. I am not much a technophile I am afraid.