What's new

Pictures not displaying from messages. Help?

SpeedVision7

Reaction score
Using jailbroken iPhone4s. Pictures stopped displaying when selected in messages. They show up in the message thread, but when I try to enlarge it just goes to black screen. I can save them to photos, and they save normally, but just won"t display normally in messages. Any help? thanks.

Interesting... I have a jailbrkn 4s on 5.01 and my pics in messages stopped displaying as whole pictures sometime back and instead are displayed as a tiny thumbnail or box. If I touch the box in the messaging app, the picture shows fine. Now when someone sends me a mms, it shows fine while reading the message, it's just when I'm in the actual app and looking at previous messages...

Doesn't really bother me at all...

Using jailbroken iPhone4s. Pictures stopped displaying when selected in messages. They show up in the message thread, but when I try to enlarge it just goes to black screen. I can save them to photos, and they save normally, but just won"t display normally in messages. Any help? thanks.

Are you using biteSMS (beta) and do you have PhotoAlbums+ installed? Cause those two started conflicting when PhotoAlbums+ got an update the other day. The only solution I read was to remove one or the other tweak. I also read that people were saying they were waiting on PhotoAlbums+ for the fix...

biteSMS just got updated today (the beta) to v6.2.19. Maybe that fixes it. I don't know because I'm not running the photo tweak... Haven't been for a while (not because of the tweak's conflict with biteSMS).

If you don't have those two tweaks installed, then I'm sorry, I've got nothing and you can just ignore all the typing above. :)

Marilyn

Yeah, thanks. I thought it might be the photoalbums update. Haven't been able to get rid of the problem. I guess I'm in the waiting for them to fix category. Minor problem, but slightly irritating. Thanks for the input.

i'm using bitesms and photoalbums+ and the new upgrade (4.0.0.5-4 i believe) fixes this black screen preview in messages issue