What's new

Picture sync from PC computer to iphone 5c

TTiphoneTT

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a new apple user. A little bit of a transition but now I love it! Runs much more efficiently. I decided to sync my pictures in icloud. It has been working perfectly. I can take a picture and it shows up right away on my PC. Same if I delete a picture on my phone...it's gone on the PC.

So this morning I wanted to organize my pictures. I went to the PC. Deleted and moved a bunch of pictures from my icloud photos folder. Problem is it hasn't removed those pictures from my phone. Shouldn't it do that automatically? I couldn't find a way to force a sync. I tried turning the icloud picture sync on and off on my phone. I tried rebooting my phone several times. The pictures are still there. Now I could delete them manually but before I do that I would like to know if there is something I'm doing wrong. Seems it should automatically sync from the PC to phone as well as it has been from my phone to PC.

Thanks everyone for your help. I originally posted this question in the iphone 5c section and quickly realized it should be here instead. :D Sorry for the double post.

I also just noticed that not all of my pictures synced. :( What would cause some from the same day to sync while others did not?

Well I discovered there were two folders in my camera roll. One synced one had half that synced and half that did not. So, I will use the camera roll as my main picture source and the icloud as a back up of sorts. Do I have to manually remove the pictures from the cloud on my computer and my phone? If I remove them from one...will it sync and remove to the other? So far I haven't been able to remove them except by hand. Thanks!