What's new

Photos on phone don't match what storage appears to be consumed

cfclay

Reaction score
So my settings for storage says that I have 1.4 GB in photos. Another place in settings shows there are over 500 photos.
However., I only have about 120 photos with no videos. How can there be this difference?

320a112bd76d3d9733701b3cf5d44db8.jpg
f4cc5aaffc55c75c9434e9c2fba721cc.jpg
7deed6a3e76f3c721f5bc238cd7f7c47.jpg

Which photo total is shown if you connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer and check the graph at the bottom of the summary page?

If you connect to iTunes it says 550 photos. Where are they?

How about the Other storage on your device? You can also check that in iTunes, as before, at the bottom of the summary page.

The other items on the phone weren't the problem.. In googled the specifics of the photos issues and found there was some corruption in files. Wiped phone and now have about 8 gbs free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was what I was thinking of, when I asked for the Other storage. There's a part in your storage that shows up in an orange colour, as far as I remember. It's called "Other". (I didn't ask for the rest of the storage, just for that one.)
When Other takes too much space on your device, it could also mean that there are corrupted files somewhere.

Restoring the iPhone was the right way to get rid of them. I'm glad you found the solution without assistance.

Thanks JA. What wasn't clear to me though is if I did a backup and restore would all of the corrupt stuff come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk