What's new

Photos not transferring to pc - files showing as 'Local Disc' not Jpeg

_MickC

Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPhone 5 and a pc using Windows 7. I have often transferred photos to my pc using Windows Explorer. However today, whilst trying to copy across many pictures I had taken on a holiday to Australia, I saw that many of them were showing as 'Local Disk' files rather than jpegs. I can see the pictures on my phone but not in explorer. It will not let me move them (or even delete them) and comes up with an error message which say, 'An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file' It gives the error as 0x00000000. Some pictures copied across as usual but there are many that are now 'Local Disk' files and I can;t do anything with them - any ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 1. Screen shot - local disc.jpg
    1. Screen shot - local disc.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 1. Screen shot - error.jpg
    1. Screen shot - error.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 942
When I want to transfer photos to my pc (also Windows 7) I plug the phone into my computer, click open My Computer, right click on the iPhone icon and click on import photos. Maybe you could try that and then move the photos to your preferred location.

Or you could install software which transfers your pictures from the iPhone to the PC.

Are the photos that don't transfer the originals, or did you crop them? In case they were edited, try to revert one of them to original and try to transfer again. Maybe this will help.

Thanks Bear, When you first [posted I thought, no chance ..................................... but it worked! Still don't know why some files transferred and were still jpegs and others had been changed and wouldn't move - but hey, it doesn't matter now. Thanks again, Mick

Thanks Bear, When you first [posted I thought, no chance ..................................... but it worked! Still don't know why some files transferred and were still jpegs and others had been changed and wouldn't move - but hey, it doesn't matter now. Thanks again, Mick
I am so glad it worked.