What's new

Photos captured can they have dates as part of their names ?

zillah

Reaction score
Dear folks

I take a lot of photos by my iphone X for work and I need to download them to my PC windows 10 then organize them.

Normally what I used to do with my Samsung Galaxy S7 I relay on dates where photos captured as dates were shown as part of photos names like below:

20160529_145810

How can I organize a lot of photos based on dates ???

On the iPhone they are organized on locations and dates no issue

Thanks

Head to My PC/ Computer where your hard disks are located. You will see your phone connected as a USB device. Click on it and you will see the DCIM folder.
Open this folder and you will see several folders containing images. Find the image(s) you want to copy and select them. Right click and click copy or Press Ctrl-C. Now create or go to the folder where you want them copied and paste.
Choose any image and right click on it. Select properties and a window will open.
Click on Details tab and there you can find the date the image was taken and the GPS coordinates.
You can choose to change the sort criteria as well by simply clicking Right anywhere besides the picture and then going into Sort By and choosing the parameter you want the pictures to be sorted by. You can choose size, date or name.

Thanks for that
I have got +200 pictures should I check each single photo ?

You don’t have to. All you truly need is the date arranged to either oldest or newest first and go from there. You can also use your computer to sort them in a combination you like. All 200 or more photos you have will then be sorted as such.

If you’ll right click on your computer mouse and select sort by date, all the photos will be placed this way. No need to worry individually checking them.