What's new

Photo App on MacBook Air

dave307

Reaction score
Photo app.
Don't know what as happened my MacBook has been off for all day yesterday. When I go the the photo app on the Dock I get a blue tab telling me to get started or take a tour.
Help Please.
Thanks David.

I’ve moved your thread to the Off Topic forum.

Did you update your MacBook recently, or didn’t you open the app since the last update? When you select “Get started”, you’ll get to your pictures, and they should still be there. “Take the tour” usually shows what has changed with the update, and also should end with the images you’ve had in the app before.

Thanks for your reply.May I ask the picture folder in finder would it make any changes to the problem in question if I moved the photos from that photo folder in finder.
Hope you understand my question .
Thanks. David.
PS. No update done recently

Forgot to say when I go to icon preferences there is no tick in the photo section just a - sign minus symbol??

Sorry, I can’t find what you’re referring to on my MacBook.

Many thanks. Just got up from bed here its 08.20hrs. I found the problem it was in the photo settings.Under preferences gen tab next to the box show in finder there's a box there should be greyed out. For some reason that had checked itself.
All up and running now. Took a lot of searching on line last night until early morning,But found the issue.How that went wrong who knows?
Many Thanks once again for you thoughts and assistance.This may help some other person.
Thank You Very Much.
David.:)