What's new

Phone Won't Backup To iCloud

5er driver

Reaction score
My 4S and previous 4 won't backup to iCloud. I have the backup switched on in Settings. The screens below always say "There was a problem completeing the backup. Please try again later. Last Backup: Never" and "Last Backup Incomplete". When I tap "Backup Now" I get the same results. The status bar shows there is 600 MB in storage in iCloud. Can anyone see or figure out what I'm doing wrong?

a7737039.jpg

83e46e24.jpg

Make sure you have "Back up to iCloud" checked off on your iTunes main screen and hit sync before you try doing a backup again. This may be the root to all your problem

Thanks, Jeff. I'll do that and reply back after I try that.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

Jeff, I followed the procedure you recommended but I still have the problem.
Also, I have another iCloud problem.
My iCloud @me.com mail account doesn't work. When I check the inbox I get a prompt that says the user name or password are incorrect. See the 1st screen shot below. When I re-enter the password it is accepted as per all the checkmarks as shown in the 2nd screen shot below. Then when I go back to check the inbox I get the same prompt again telling me the username or password is incorrect. What's going on here? Can anyone help? iCloud just does not function for me at all.

a4c7f111.jpg

997f4c09.jpg

Winlinyin, I'll try that, I just deleted the account. I can't get to the iTunes part before tomorrow night. I'll report back.
Thanks.