What's new

Phone stops charging intermittently

DonPaulo

Reaction score
Have realized since the last OS update that my iPhone intermittently stops charging even when plugged in. At time when u plug in it starts charging and within seconds it stops. At time when I plugg in it gives the message "This accessory may not be supported". My question is whether the problem is with the charger or a recent update bugg.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Do you use Apple cables, or third party cables? Afaik, this problem often appears with third party cables.

Even Apple cables have a sell by date failure habit.

Lost track of the number of cables we’ve gone through over the years.

Try testing it using another Apple cable to confirm it's a faulty cable and not the phone itself.

(Don't test it with those cheap knock off cables though.) I've personally purchased many of the bargain priced charging cables from Amazon and they all bunk at random times. Some last a few months and other a few days. They all die in the end. The Apple cable I have which cost me $21 CAD is still working, even though the ends have peeled back the metal is exposed, I can still manage to plug it in and get a solid charge. Whatever sorcery is in those Apple cables, it seems to be good magic.