What's new

Phone Stolen

kdwilliamsiii

Reaction score
ok my question is, if my location services are off in icloud, which means i cant see my phones location, can i turn them on from my computer?

kdwilliamsiii said:
ok my question is, if my location services are off in icloud, which means i cant see my phones location, can i turn them on from my computer?

Nope.

You need to have location services, internet AND find my iphone app ON.

All 3.

And if whoever stole it/found it turned it off then you cant do anything.

thats what i thought, thank you. another question i have is, when i get my new phone is there any way i can install something on it to track it but keep it hidden so no one knows its on there but me?

kdwilliamsiii said:
thats what i thought, thank you. another question i have is, when i get my new phone is there any way i can install something on it to track it but keep it hidden so no one knows its on there but me?

Well theres stuff for jailbroken phones but it wont do you any good to be honest.
Because the minute someone turns off the phone and/or restores it, it doesnt matter what you have on there. It will be gone.

I would say just be very careful. I have eyes in the back of my head when it comes to my phone. Dont leave it anywhere, i dont even leave it on the table at friends' houses to go to the bathroom.

Better safe than sorry

yea i understand. thank you, you have been very helpful. ill just have to have it glued to me at all times from now on

kdwilliamsiii said:
yea i understand. thank you, you have been very helpful. ill just have to have it glued to me at all times from now on

Haha pretty much what I do lol! I am ao used to doing it that I even carry it around in MY house!

kdwilliamsiii said:

If you put a lock code on your phone then they can't get in your phone to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

ipazol said:
If you put a lock code on your phone then they can't get in your phone to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

you dont have to get IN the phone to turn it off. It turns off from the power button.

you dont have to get IN the phone to turn it off. It turns off from the power button.

i think he was referring to location services but you're right, it doesn't make any difference. As long as the person that has your phone is savvy enough to know that the phone can be tracked when its on, then they're just going to turn it off anyways.