What's new

Phone Shuts off when Locked

Mattallica

Reaction score
Hello all,

My iPhone 6 is totally shutting off by itself when I lock it - both with auto lock and the button. It doesn’t shut off when unlocked. When it does this, I have to perform the “Hard Reset” to turn it back on again - pushing the power/lock button alone just sends it into the Apple screen boot-loop.

I have tried the following fixes:

* Replaced battery
* Performed full restore with iTunes using the most current ipsw file.

It’s still shutting off when locked. The frame *is* slightly bent, I’m thinking this has got to be a hardware issue? I’m fairly capable with electronics repair/etc. so I’d like to fix this myself.

Also I’m not really into going to an Apple store as the nearest one to me is over an hour away and I find their employees to be generally intolerable... *please* don’t bother suggesting that I go to an apple store. One more “Apple Customer Service” consultation might just ring my bell.

Thank you!

**Update**

**Fixed!**

I simply bent the phone back straight caveman-style, and the shut offs while locked completely stopped! I guess two or more parts were bumping into each other or something due to the bend? Who knows. Just thought I’d share this fix for anyone having the same issue.

Just try bending the damned thing straight against a table or something, lean on it/etc. before you go to Apple, have the battery replaced, or do an iTunes restore. And never, I repeat *never*, put it into your back pocket and sit on it. Not even once.

Cheers!

**Update**

**Fixed!**

I simply bent the phone back straight caveman-style, and the shut offs while locked completely stopped! I guess two or more parts were bumping into each other or something due to the bend? Who knows. Just thought I’d share this fix for anyone having the same issue.

Just try bending the damned thing straight against a table or something, lean on it/etc. before you go to Apple, have the battery replaced, or do an iTunes restore. And never, I repeat *never*, put it into your back pocket and sit on it. Not even once.

Cheers!
I wouldn't recommend that method to fix the problem as it's too easy to break internal components to the degree that the iPhone becomes unrepairable. You got lucky this time but someone else trying your solution could permanently damage their iPhone.