What's new

Phone issues when low battery

Brent Michael

Reaction score
So my wife's iPhone works great for the most part but as soon as 20% battery warning comes up the phones performance goes out of the window. Loading pages while browsing the Internet takes forever, other apps take forever to load, and sometimes apps just won't load at all. Any way to fix this? Would prefer to not have to do a factory reset.

without it going into low power mode, I don't have any other solution. Performance shouldn't be impacted at all. mine will chug along happily until it dies.

As an FYI, it is not healthy for your battery to run it down so low before charging. You are decreasing the battery life by full cycling it all the time.

As an FYI, it is not healthy for your battery to run it down so low before charging. You are decreasing the battery life by full cycling it all the time.
I know. It's also not the best to charge it past 80% either but seeing as it's the wife's phone and that that tech kind of thing goes in one ear and out the other for the most part, well she understands it but it's hard for her to keep on that regime. Just kinda do what we can.

Hope you know that you're reading the Bs that Apple wants you to believe. I mean yeah having the last 20% be trickle charging does help but it's still not the best for the lifespan.
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
I had to take my iPad to Apple last week. They gave me a new one and while I was waiting, I had the Genius guy check the battery on my iPhone 6+. That's a device that is about 2 years 5 months old. I basically have been following what you call Apple's BS. My battery was still above the 50% life mark. Doesn't sound like BS to me.

I have been full 100% charging the battery in my 4S daily since I got when they first came out. Still works great. Same with my 3rd gen iPad and my 5S and 6S Plus