What's new

Phone contact goes to messaging instead of calling

jjd76au

Reaction score
Hi all,

Terrific site. As an iPhone newbie I'm scrounging through page after page of great hints and help. Great work and kudos to all.

I've had a look for this problem but can't seem to find anything similar yet. (Mods please feel free to delete or move if this should be elsewhere)

My wife's iPhone 4S does this odd thing where if she goes into Phone Contacts, selects the person, then presses on their number it goes straight to messaging instead of actually calling the person. (Mine is fine by the way, and I can't find any difference in our settings).

I've got no doubt this is some simple setting that she (or my kids) have changed in the few weeks that she and I have had these phones, but it's cheesing her off no end and I think you'd all understand that since *I* picked "these damn phones" in our contract upgrade it's in *MY* best interests to find a solution!! :)

Help would be greatly appreciated from anyone who may have an idea on this.

Thanks in advance!!
JD

Turns out it's just the one contact - her mum - so obviously the most used contact she has! :)

Unless it's a simple setting, when I get home I'll just delete the contact and send her mine.

Thanks for the enquiry, Thomasjtsi, if there's any further problems I'll reappear, otherwise I guess this thread can die a slow death.

My suggestion was going to be the same. Since it's just one contact... just delete it and resave. :)